Another Droid Newbie

dionna17

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my Droid today. I've already downloaded some apps. It's a bit overwhelming so far, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon! I got this to replace my Dare. I loved the Dare but I miss having a real qwerty keyboard. I lost my enV late last year and getting a "touch" phone was my upgrade to replace it. I also liked that the Droid will have OTA updates, which the Dare does not. I don't drive. Getting to a Verizon store is inconvenient.

I can't wait to learn more about this phone from everyone!

So far, I don't think I will be returning it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
!!! Welcome "dionna17" to Droid Forums !!!

If you are not already in love with your new DROID, you will be soon. You are not going to miss your previous phones at all.

Start off in the FAQ section to start your DROID Education. Use the Search function of the forums too. This place is a wealth of information.

:icon_ banana: It's great to have you here, we hope you enjoy your time in the forums !!! :icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hang in there Dionna. The DRoid is a lot of phone but I promise you after a week with it you will fall in love : )

In all seriousness though, you are right it is a bit overwhelming when you are trying to learn an all new OS but you came to the right place to get you on your way. So you are already ahead of the game.

Enjoy your stay here there is a lot of great members here that are very helpful.

xandor

Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid! I just got mine last Sunday, replacing a Dare as well.

I couldn't stand the virtual keyboard on the Dare, but on the Droid, I have no problems using it. Go fig.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I wanted the DROID because of the slider keyboard. I never liked the virtual one I had on my Storm. But on the Droid I use each of them equally. I thought I'd never use a virtual keyboard again. The DROID has changed all that for me.

The rest of the DROID, just made my decision so much better. I am still learning new things on the DROID every day.