Another day, another replacement X

nate.fehr

Reaction score
In two days I will receive my second replacement X, making it the third I've owned in six months.

The first time, all vibrations stopped working. Replaced, no questions asked (after sbf'ing, of course). This time, the camera shutter is staying open too long and blowing the light out in all pictures, and any video recorded is corrupt. After dealing with it intermittently for a few weeks, I sbf'ed this morning and took it back. The bonehead rep kept taking pictures in the dimly lit VZW store and couldn't replicate the problem till I showed him a few I had taken in the sunny parking lot moments before. Finally he agreed to replace it.

I am not one who will claim a replacement for a soft-brick or something else I would be responsible for. This forum and others have taught me more than I ever would have thought about fixing problems that I cause. This is just hardware failure, pure and simple. They've been good about replacing them so far, just don't want to push my luck.

Anybody have any problems similar to the ones I've had?

cpjr

Reaction score
That sucks. I had a DX from release until last month without any issues what so ever.

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. I'm pumped to be getting a clean replacement to play with. It's just frustrating to have issues. Guess it's the price we pay for having such complicated little toys.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah, some people just have bad luck. I had a buddy with the DX and he went through 3, and then myself with no issues at all. Same with any other phone. I had bad luck with D1's, went through a couple. But then had the DInc, DX and now TB with no issues.

Reaction score
So if you brick your phone, trying to mod/hack/root whatever you wanna call it, will they replace it if you just tell verizon, hey my phone just stopped working, or will they be able to tell that you were attempting to root and/or use a custom ROM and that's what caused the issue?

Posted using the power of android and the D2G

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
So if you brick your phone, trying to mod/hack/root whatever you wanna call it, will they replace it if you just tell verizon, hey my phone just stopped working, or will they be able to tell that you were attempting to root and/or use a custom ROM and that's what caused the issue?

Posted using the power of android and the D2G

Not to be a tool, but that is one of the big reasons manufacturers and carriers are doing everything they can to stop people from rooting and modding their devices. If you can't fix the problems YOU cause, dont mod. It's as simple as that. Otherwise you're ruining it for the rest of us. I have bootlooped and soft bricked more times than I can count and I've always fixed it myself rather than running to VZW for a new phone because of my incompetence.

Their fault? Get a replacement. My fault? I fix it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Not to be a tool, but that is one of the big reasons manufacturers and carriers are doing everything they can to stop people from rooting and modding their devices. If you can't fix the problems YOU cause, dont mod. It's as simple as that. Otherwise you're ruining it for the rest of us. I have bootlooped and soft bricked more times than I can count and I've always fixed it myself rather than running to VZW for a new phone because of my incompetence.

Their fault? Get a replacement. My fault? I fix it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

+1....^^^^....I agree %100. There is no way in the world with the proliferation of the internet, that people who decide to root and ROM dont know ahead of time that they may break their device...and as such, it isnt Verizons or the device makers issue to fix....you broke it doing what you know is not supposed to be done...either fix it, or buy a new device...

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
i only offer inspiration when i say that if it worked out of box, and every move u made was to the letter, then your downloads are bad. everything i hav installed other than market apps(z4root,ud rom, apex,gummy, liberty,rubix,gbroot,sbf,rsdlite4.9, the list goes on....) has been ota downloaded direct to my phone, and only the moto drivers,sbf, and rsd were transferred to pc for use. only issues i hav had were very minor and easily fixed, you can fix it.

x

rharv3

Reaction score
In two days I will receive my second replacement X, making it the third I've owned in six months.

The first time, all vibrations stopped working. Replaced, no questions asked (after sbf'ing, of course). This time, the camera shutter is staying open too long and blowing the light out in all pictures, and any video recorded is corrupt. After dealing with it intermittently for a few weeks, I sbf'ed this morning and took it back. The bonehead rep kept taking pictures in the dimly lit VZW store and couldn't replicate the problem till I showed him a few I had taken in the sunny parking lot moments before. Finally he agreed to replace it.

I am not one who will claim a replacement for a soft-brick or something else I would be responsible for. This forum and others have taught me more than I ever would have thought about fixing problems that I cause. This is just hardware failure, pure and simple. They've been good about replacing them so far, just don't want to push my luck.

Anybody have any problems similar to the ones I've had?

I haven't had a problem with mine yet. This is the best phone
I've ever owned. I hear countless people say the same in these forums. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, sometimes.