Another brick in the wall

blk757

Reaction score
I've been searching for hours tonight for a problem I've run into to no avail. First let me explain what I did.
I went over to DroidBionicRoot and followed the appropriate instructions for installing with a Mac. So far so good.
I have root, so I decided to go ahead and flash him a ROM. I got CWM and promptly backed up with VZW's backup assistant+ (I believe this is the beginning of my many issues). I tried flashing CWM's recovery, but nothing ever happened after it said it had flashed...after i installed Bionic Bootstrap I could boot into CWM's recovery. Before hand, I transferred Unl3ash3d and Liberty3 ROMs to the sd card.I boot into bootstrap's recovery (why did i even get CWM?) and proceed to flash unl3ash3d ( not really paying attention to the roughly 15% battery). Everything seemingly goes fine, I reboot...red M logo..black screen...waiting for splash...nothing for 5 minutes. I pull the battery ( I have it on the charger at this point), reboot, same thing. So next I reboot into recovery...it shows a droid laying down with it's front plate open with a tringular exclamation point hovering over , not bootstrap or CWM or whatever I was really using. I go and attempt to reflash unl3ash3d, it says signature verification failed, same with legacy3. Starting to worry I wont get this done. I do a hard reset, I figure that'll fix it. Wrong. Still stalls at the black screen. Recovery>backups...no backups.

So...I have no backups, the 2 roms on my sd won't flash from the recovery menu, and stops booting after the Motorola logo.

Sorry if that is too long, I feel I need to explain all of that. But has anyone else experienced that or better yet solved this problem?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Verizon backup asst is worthless in my opinion it doesn't backup what I think you where backing up all that backs up is phone numbers. And if you are in recovery with the android guy with front plate open that is stock recovery you don't have custom recovery flashed. I suggest you find instructions to fxz back to stock lots of instructions on forum and videos on YouTube. You will need full battery to flash fxz files

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And you got backups on Google.. but I would suggest Mybackuppro, this is for unrooted phones... trying to think of the one for rooted..its on tip of my tongue.

OP
B

blk757

Reaction score
matt, I don't really trust any of Verizon's apps, I'm not even sure why I thought using their backup was a good idea in the first place.

deduct, I will try this as soon as I get to a windows machine.

And shadez...I think it has some metallic name, maybe an exotic earth metal of sorts? Ti can't think of it either.

OP
B

blk757

Reaction score
everything went well up to the point where i need to uncompress and flash files. i get an unzip error...any thoughts?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Make sure you got the original factory USB cable I have heard others cause that problem

ldubs

Reaction score
Also make sure you have updated drivers

sent from my icy bionic