Another battery question...

akamurph

Reaction score
First post here - I've read multiple forums on battery suggestions - I've tried everything... Turning everything off in the background, etc. etc. etc. No matter what I do my battery doesn't last longer than 4 hours! I will not use it, and come back and at 4 hours it's depleted. I've read other people with battery-life issues but nothing that I've read where it only lasts 4 hours.

I've depleted it completely 3-4 times and charged it for 8 hours and no matter what it doesn't last longer than 4 hours.

Right now I think I either got a bum battery or something is wrong with the unit? Any suggestions? I plan on stopping by the Verizon store tomorrow. I also ordered a seidio 1750mAh (I read some users got 22-24 hours on it) but that won't get here for another 6 days.

4 hour battery life is not acceptable and I won't be able to use this phone.

Thx.

kmo

Reaction score
There's obviously something wrong if you're only getting 4 hours on a charge. The battery is the weak link but 4 hours is ridiculous. The phone is under warranty so get Verizon to replace your battery. See if that solves the problem.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, get it replaced. If it happens to the next one, then you have a setting borked somewhere, my guess would be GPS...

OP
A

akamurph

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I wanted to make sure this isn't normal - I'll take it to the store tomorrow and update this thread on what I find out.

I never have GPS on, tested it once and that's all... I have the widget to make sure it is never on.

kmo

Reaction score
Are you getting good signal strength? You might know this but if your phone is searching for a signal that could be sucking up juice.

jamjr74

Reaction score
No... that is not normal. On a full charge of the stock battery I get anywhere from 12-18 hrs with solid use. I now have the Seidio 1750 and get anywhere from 20-30 hrs on a full charge.

OP
A

akamurph

Reaction score
To kmo - I've tested it at home, the office, and was at my parents house in a different city for Mother's day today and have good signals at all places - each place only 4 hour battery life.

kmo

Reaction score
Yea, get a new battery and see if it resolves your issue. I've finally conditioned my battery so that it's performing better than it initially did, even so I still might be getting the Seidio 1750 mAh battery too. I use this phone all the time and having an extra battery isn't a bad thing. Especially since it's a relatively cheap solution, this OEM batt is definitely too small for the phone's features.

tsaro

Reaction score
No... that is not normal. On a full charge of the stock battery I get anywhere from 12-18 hrs with solid use. I now have the Seidio 1750 and get anywhere from 20-30 hrs on a full charge.

I was thinking about getting the Seidio 1750, am I guaranteed double battery time like you have?

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

FWIW, I'm getting roughly 50-60% more time from the Seidio 1750 than I was from the stock battery, but that's more than enough to give me a full 18 hours on a charge.

robwilson

Reaction score

I was thinking about getting the Seidio 1750, am I guaranteed double battery time like you have?

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

FWIW, I'm getting roughly 50-60% more time from the Seidio 1750 than I was from the stock battery, but that's more than enough to give me a full 18 hours on a charge.
Mine should be here any day!!!!!

ksfrogman

Reaction score
FYI, I just visited my local Verizon store and was informed that the OEM 2100 mAh one will be available sometime in the near future. Does the 1750 one require a new case back?

solorca

Reaction score
FYI, I just visited my local Verizon store and was informed that the OEM 2100 mAh one will be available sometime in the near future. Does the 1750 one require a new case back?

Nope.

The 2150mah version from HTC almost definitely will though.

R24D24

Reaction score
I am the only one who feels like we should get a top of the line battery with a top of the line device? I feel as if battery life should not be this much of an issue. At least offer a package to purchase the device with a better battery or something.

kmo

Reaction score
I'm sure that's coming with all the battery discussions going on, but agreed it should have come with a better longer lasting battery in the first place. I for one am not looking forward to spending more $$$ on a part for my $500+ (retail) priced phone. I won't go any bigger than the stock housing will accommodate, love the thin physical feature of this phone....I'm still waiting the whole battery thing out, prices will drop when more retailers start carrying INC batteries and my own experience with my battery has gotten better as it has been conditioned as well as turning certain functions on/off when not using. On heavy days I still need to charge daily but I've had no problems yet getting through my day on a charge.