another Android newbie

yellowbarber

Reaction score
Hi gang, I catapulted from a moto Z6c global to a droid2 global last week. While trying to get me head around this new device and I kept finding useful nuggets on this forum.

I'm not a total eejut, but I'm not a software engineer either; but I'm enticed by the possibilities a fully customizable multi-tasking device that fits in my pocket.

I've already found one or two apps that suit my usage. I will be much more comfortable once I understand the basic nuts-and bolts of the OS so I can optimise its performance, and maybe avoid rooting it if it's not necessary.
Till then, I'll try not to scratch a bald spot onto my head.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. check our D2G forum. its amazing isn't it...have fun

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
yellowbarber

yellowbarber

Reaction score
Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome and these android devices are amazing. Very simple and user friendly OS. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and hopefully we can help you keep some of that hair on your head

Sent from my D2

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hmm let me check ur question, maybe I can help. if not, someone out there will.
252 have a good day

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
yellowbarber

yellowbarber

Reaction score
Hope your day goes smooth to princess and are you talkin about visual VM?

Sent from my D2

hey there, thanks for chiming in.
I'm not using VZ visual vm.
(this should probably get moved over to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...settings-pre-installed-voicemail-app-d2g.html)

I noticed on VZW's HTC devices running 2.2 that each stock messaging app to has it's own notification settings and preferences, but not with the Motorola.

I've been with VZ for a few years and they have in the past had fairly consistent firmware across all their phones...it seems that a very common function has been overlooked in the D2/D2g user interface.