ANNOYING unwanted ads and unwanted apps

droidummie

Reaction score
I keep getting ads and apps to download in the status bar.

Whyyyyyy? So annoying!

How do I turn this off or block this?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
You have installed an app that causes this. You will have to uninstall until you find the culprit. You can also look at your settings in the Playstore and one of those seeing turns off some add notifications.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
KeepItReal is correct. The ads in your notification bar are there because of an app that you've installed. But you don't necessarily have to start uninstalling everything one by one in order to find out which app is doing it. Download AirPush Detector from the Play store. It should be able to tell you what apps you have installed that are capable of putting those ads there.

OP
droidummie

droidummie

Reaction score
Bsweetnsss.... Ty so much! That is the greatest app! I DLed it... Found the app... Deleted it and now NO MORE ANNOYING ADS!

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what is so I don't dl it... Also I leave feedback and rate the app to warn others about the invasive ads and security issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.a.e.b

Reaction score
Hello I also have to deal with it , I tried airpush detector and adaway I also rooted my phone to have access to adaway , both found out 4 applications that I uninstalled immediately I also turned it off from Google play settings but I still have to deal with it ! it is sooooo annoying and if it keeps up I'm switching phones so please don't let this phone be a total waste anyone help me I'm desperate I'm willing to do anything ! Even if u suggested factory restore , I didn't do That yet thinking I might find a solution here please help :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Droid Forums

deborah3756

Reaction score
Find the app(s) that cause the problem and uninstall.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums