Annoying typing issue

R2d2_Driod

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere to no avail, I hope you guys can help.

It is impossible to type in my browser when I use the slide-out keyboard, it seems to put the next character behind the last one. This doesn't happen when using the on-screen keyboard or when sending texts. Is there a bug here or some setting that can be changed?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've searched everywhere to no avail, I hope you guys can help.

It is impossible to type in my browser when I use the slide-out keyboard, it seems to put the next character behind the last one. This doesn't happen when using the on-screen keyboard or when sending texts. Is there a bug here or some setting that can be changed?

I don't type that much anymore. I use the voice feature. Sometimes it makes mistakes but it's still faster then typing.

I never use the physical keyboard on my D2 so I can't say.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
There is a bug in the D2 where symbols are shifted in the wrong place, but I have not read about what you describe. On the above issue, if you type $ after a word and a space (This costs $5.00) the symbol gets shifted back to the word
(This costs$ 5.00). Similar things happen for quotes
(Went to the movies to see "Bonzo Goes To Brooklyn"..come out as ... to see" Bonzo Goes....).
Another issue with the D2 and texting is that if an auto-suggested word with an apostrophe is used (a contraction like can't or what's), sometime the recipient of the text sees scrambled letters, or all boxes, or multiple texts. Some disable auto-suggest to avoid the issue.
I am trying SwiftKey to see if this circumvents the scrambled text issue. So far, everything I've sent out is clean with SwiftKey. Maybe installing SwiftKey could help your keyboard issue.

piloteer

Reaction score
The keyboard sucks. Got the same problem but worse. On certain letter combos I get shifted to a different screen altogether.

desertknit

Reaction score
Hi,
My two cents worth,
When my D2 keyboard starts acting up, I turn off the phone for 2 minutes and then turn it back on. I don't know why, someone else suggested it clears the cache, but it works. Also for the bug for " ' , I'll sometimes double space to get it in the right place.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

R2d2_Driod

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. No solution yet, but very helpful.
:greendroid::icon_ banana::greendroid: