Annoying SMS warning mesage

bd1212

Reaction score
Annoying SMS warning message

Okay well I send a lot of texts throughout the day (over 800) and after sending a lot of texts in quick succession a message pops up saying "A large name of SMS messages are being sent. Select "OK" to continue or "Cancel" to stop." This can be extremely annoying because this pops up whenever I try to send a text. Is there any way to stop this from popping up by a hack or something?

Last edited:
OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
Bump. Anyone got any answers? D:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like flood control on VZW part....They might think your a spam bot.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

Nah, I was googling around and found out that it's a function in Android that is used to prevent spam texts from being sent... problem is, I'm not sending spam texts.

In Android you are only allowed to send 100 texts per hour until the message starts to pop-up.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nah, I was googling around and found out that it's a function in Android that is used to prevent spam texts from being sent... problem is, I'm not sending spam texts.

In Android you are only allowed to send 100 texts per hour until the message starts to pop-up.

Sounds fair. 100 an hour is a lot....

What about using Handcent or ChompSMS? Will they do this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try some basic stuff, like a simple reset (off/on) or a battery pull for 30 seconds? See if that doesn't help.

M

Matth3w

Sounds fair. 100 an hour is a lot....

What about using Handcent or ChompSMS? Will they do this?
Most likely yes, because I don't think Handcent or Chomp is ACTUALLY an SMS program. They are basically a shell/reskin for the stock messaging application from what I can tell.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
100/hr? Must be nice not to have anything else to do.....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most likely yes, because I don't think Handcent or Chomp is ACTUALLY an SMS program. They are basically a shell/reskin for the stock messaging application from what I can tell.

I'm not so sure how much I agree... If it were a re-skinning of the stock messaging app, then you wouldnt be able to remove the stock messaging app and still have Handcent work properly. Keep in mind, I might be talking out my arse.

I'm not going to test it, but I'd live a verdict from someone with that kind of commitment...

M

Matth3w

You might be right if you can remove the app. I didn't realize you could remove them...I thought basically Chomp or Handcent was pulling all the messaging stuff from the stock program and repopulating it or whatnot.

ldimick

Reaction score
I can see someone easily doing 100 in an hour. My father in law went into the hospital this morning and so I was sending out updates to everyone. My family group has 9 numbers in it. Each message to the group goes out as 9 messages.

Enter

Reaction score
I've easily sent over 100 an hour and never had this problem. I am usually texting back and forth between 4 friends to see when we can hang out and whatever is up. This usually takes place while I am waiting for 4 hours for my next class and everyone is at work. All these people have careers, not regular work. So yeah that is my excuse. Anyways, I am using the latest BB and I don't have that problem. I also have my max threat at 999 and it can and does go over that limit. Perhaps the problem is just your stock (assuming).