Getting "Sending SMS Messages" alert each time I text

Kayree

Reaction score
Every time I send a text, the message ".com.android.mms A large number of SMS messages are being sent. Select OK to continue or Cancel to stop sending." appears. It just started last week. I press OK, and the message is sent. How can I make it stop?

thePITman

Reaction score
I am getting the same issue on my HTC Droid Incredible. I have a two contact groups, one with 20 members (max per text) and the other with 9. I send a text message to group 1 fine and then forward the message to group 2 successfully, as well. The 2nd text I send to them might work, too. But eventually I start getting this error when I send the message and have to tap "OK" repeatedly as fast as I can to get the messages to send. If I wait a few minutes (say 5-10) and try to send, I do not get the error. But 2-3 texts later, I start getting it again.

It seems more like a Warning than an Error, so how can I disable this? (I sent text message sports score updates to a group of people, so I send a bunch of them every Friday night and can't have this hiccup in service.)

Last edited:
OP
K

Kayree

Reaction score
Ending error message.

I got it to stop by turning the phone power off. When I rebooted, it no longer gave me that warning.

thePITman

Reaction score
Kayree, did it permanently stop the issue? Or did it work the same as just taking a few minutes to give it a break, and then start up again? I have since had my phone rebooted (well, it rebooted itself). I will find out this Friday if I still get the issue. Thanks for the response.

OP
K

Kayree

Reaction score
I don't know. I have not needed to send a text to multiple contacts since this event. Post on Friday after you try and let me know if the alert comes back or if the problem resolved.
Thanks.