Annoying issues trying to install cm7 on d2g

NTkiller

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to install Cyanogenmod 7 on a droid 2 global I have laying around. I managed to root it, then I had great difficulty trying to install clockworkmod recovery. When I finally got to the new recovery I installed the rom, only to have it start and sit with the motorola symbol on the screen:angry:. I then tried to SBF back to stock, but the battery was low. Turns out these phones won't charge unless the OS is working. THAT IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: A laptop can be torn all the way apart and it will still charge it's battery! Anyway, I bought an external battery charger to charge the battery, unbricked the phone, rooted it, and tried again. Still no luck. :mad:OK, I unbricked it AGAIN and went for another round. THIS IS FRIGGIN' ANNOYING! can anyone help me before I do something rash:icon_ devil:

OP
N

NTkiller

Reaction score
Never mind, I found out what it was... bad ROM. I flashed MIUI ICS and it worked much better than stock. I think it's funny how stock 2.3.4 would randomly reboot (I thought the phone's hardware was actually damaged), but then the ICS worked flawlessly. Motorola had to just had really not have cared in ordered to make a build of android that crashes randomly. Bummer. No wonder my brother thought the D2G was a turd.