Annoying Facebook Notifications

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
i disabled facebook notifications in the settings menu in facebook and i still receive notifications when something happens... besides uninstalling fb what can i do to get rid of these notifications?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you using the Facebook for android app or do you just have your mobile # set to receive notifications from fb?

I noticed when I had my mobile # regestered on the site every time I would use my phone to log in it would reset my notification preferences, which doesn't happen using the fb app. Unregester your mobile # and get the app, all the mobile notifications will magically stop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Are you using the Facebook for android app or do you just have your mobile # set to receive notifications from fb?

I noticed when I had my mobile # regestered on the site every time I would use my phone to log in it would reset my notification preferences, which doesn't happen using the fb app. Unregester your mobile # and get the app, all the mobile notifications will magically stop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
never registered for mobile notifications with my number, and i have the android app already

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If you've got the newest version of Facebook then I dont think you can turn it off.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed you can get notifications at all!

Same here. I normally use Bloo for Facebook and it gives me notifications. The stock app won't, even if I set it.

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
haha ill trade u guys, i hate notifications.. guess ill just uninstall android fb

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Are you guys using version 1.5? It gives instant notifications on everything other than messages, friend requests, and events I think.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

John Gi

Reaction score
Yeah it kept on sending me notifications, so I just uninstalled it? Lol

With the planes on the D2

solar

Reaction score
I'm amazed you can get notifications at all!

Same here. I normally use Bloo for Facebook and it gives me notifications. The stock app won't, even if I set it.
I used to use Bloo for notifications, but he hadn't done any updates in so long it no longer funtioned well, so I uninstalled it. Is he actually working on it again?