Annoying Beeping

JCo352

Reaction score
So I have a notification tone I made with Ringdroid, and I set it for my notifications. Only problem with that is, since it is stored on the sd card, when mounting my sd card, or powering up my phone I get and annoying beeping sound. So what I tried to do was move that tone over to system/media/audio/notifications in root explorer. That didn't work, and I thought the problem was since it wasn't in ogg format it wouldn't work. So I converted it to ogg format, and it still won't work. What am I doing wrong? It shows up in "Notification Ringtone" in settings, but when I try it there is no sound.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the new ringtone has replaced the "Droid". Is that correct?

The only suggestion I have is to remove/delete the file(ringtone) you created then readd to the media file. Once you get it in the media file reconfigure the notification.

Please let us know if this helps.
Mike

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the new ringtone has replaced the "Droid". Is that correct?

The only suggestion I have is to remove/delete the file(ringtone) you created then readd to the media file. Once you get it in the media file reconfigure the notification.

Please let us know if this helps.
Mike

Nope, didn't work, it shows up, just doesn't play any sound.

governmentcheese

Reaction score
i have had similar problems b4 with that & not hearing the sound when trying to select it, but after selecting itnext time i got a notification it played how it should & sounded fine, with the exception that- when i custom my own ringtone w/ ringdroid it sounds fine- but when i custom a notification sound, it plays ok but has this continuious lag noise & it screws up the sound.- any ideas on how to remedy that as well anyone?

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
i have had similar problems b4 with that & not hearing the sound when trying to select it, but after selecting itnext time i got a notification it played how it should & sounded fine, with the exception that- when i custom my own ringtone w/ ringdroid it sounds fine- but when i custom a notification sound, it plays ok but has this continuious lag noise & it screws up the sound.- any ideas on how to remedy that as well anyone?

You've tried pushing a notification here: system/media/audio/notifications?

governmentcheese

Reaction score
yeah through mounting it & selecting it on my phone- no sound plays, but for some reason? when i select it on my phone that notification plays? when i get a text message ( what i set the sound up for ) i know that sounds weird, but its the truth- when you go to the notification list ( on the phone ) does it show up in the list? if so, have you tried selecting it & having someone text you, or however that sound is set up for? see if it works -

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
yeah through mounting it & selecting it on my phone- no sound plays, but for some reason? when i select it on my phone that notification plays? when i get a text message ( what i set the sound up for ) i know that sounds weird, but its the truth- when you go to the notification list ( on the phone ) does it show up in the list? if so, have you tried selecting it & having someone text you, or however that sound is set up for? see if it works -

So what you're saying is; it won't play the sound when selecting it, but if it is selected, it still works?

governmentcheese

Reaction score
yes- i know that sounds ****ed up & the sound im refering to on my phone that does that, is the only one ( of many others ) i have that does this?????? lol, im just trying to suggest stuff from what i had to do to get it to work. the app i got the sound from kept f/c on me everytime i opened it i deleted the app but kept the sound on my sd card fearing it would be a pain in the ass to try to get the app to stay open long enough to re download the sound. i did, however, move the sound to my music file & now i can hear it on my phone in my music & when mounting it to my netbook............i know you probably think im nuts -lol- im not bull****ting you. that is weird, now i can hear the sound??????????

governmentcheese

Reaction score
no, been thinkin bout it though. worried id screw something up. always been good at that stuff though- o.g. xbox, xbox 360 modding- i call it modding, im just old school i guess. just dont want to have to explain to verizon, why i shouldnt pay another 199.99 for a phone i have a warranty for & insurance on, cause i wanted to get away with doing what i want. lol.

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
no, been thinkin bout it though. worried id screw something up. always been good at that stuff though- o.g. xbox, xbox 360 modding- i call it modding, im just old school i guess. just dont want to have to explain to verizon, why i shouldnt pay another 199.99 for a phone i have a warranty for & insurance on, cause i wanted to get away with doing what i want. lol.

If you aren't rooted you can't possibly be having the same problem as me. You have to be rooted to move a notification here: system/media/audio/notifications

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I had the same problem with the notification sound just making a ringing sound upon phone startup. It may be that the phone doesn't want to play a long sound upon startup? If you want to make it stop go on your phone here:

menu -> settings -> sounds & display -> uncheck the "SD card notifications" box.

Then you won't have any startup sound. It will play for other notifications. If you wanted it to play when your phone boots up, sorry can't help there.

good luck

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the notification sound just making a ringing sound upon phone startup. It may be that the phone doesn't want to play a long sound upon startup? If you want to make it stop go on your phone here:

menu -> settings -> sounds & display -> uncheck the "SD card notifications" box.

Then you won't have any startup sound. It will play for other notifications. If you wanted it to play when your phone boots up, sorry can't help there.

good luck

Thank you for the suggestion, I actually already have it set like that. I just really want to know why, what I'm trying, isn't working.