Annoying Autotexting Issue?

Brozeidon

Reaction score
I'm sure "autotexting" isn't even a word but whatever...

I was texting my girlfriend and made a typo and typed "Ply" and the stock keyboard popped up with "Ply: added to dictionary" or something along those lines. That's the first thing that I'm asking: how do you delete words off of the phone's dictionary?

But the real problem is that whenever I go to respond to a text or compose a new text to her, "Ply" is prewritten in the text field, and I need to go delete it and start texting. A small issue, but I just dropped well over $200 and I want this to work perfectly hahaha. Thanks :D

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's like any other Android phone, then Settings > Language and Keyboard > User Dictionary.

Not sure about the autotexting -- might be an app setting.

OP
B

Brozeidon

Reaction score
Okay, I found the user dictionary list but after doing some playing around with the text prediction tools I cannot seem to get "Ply" to go away. And it wasn't even listed in the dictionary...

williamherbert

Reaction score
Try this path...

You're going to want to follow this path:

Settings > Language and Keyboard > Touch Input > Personal Dictionary > Edit Personal Dictionary

Once there, hit the "Menu" key, and "Delete" will pop up as the only option; press it.

All the words will then have a check mark next do them; go down the list and check off the ones you want to get rid of, and select "Delete" again.

Hope this takes care of it. Cheers.

-Bill