Annoyed Update Failed

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I attempted the new OTA update several times and it still will not update. I've tried several times over wifi, and my phone is not rooted.

H3Dude

Reaction score
Have you tried to hard reset your phone and try again? Power and volume down for ten seconds. Then make sure you are in a good signal area. I am not sure it will download via wifI.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Have you tried to hard reset your phone and try again? Power and volume down for ten seconds. Then make sure you are in a good signal area. I am not sure it will download via wifI.

I have tried that, but I will try again without and with wifi.

H3Dude

Reaction score
If it were me, I would back everything up and do a factory reset. That's what will happen if you take in into the store. Make sure your try the update before loading your apps back on. Something might be conflicting with the download. If that doesn't work, get a new phone.

Last edited:

Cinoib

Reaction score

For what it's worth, I tethered my Bionic to my Razr Maxx. I had given up on the Bionic getting the .902 update (I was not cheesecaked) and bought the Razr Maxx. Soon as I connected the Bionic to the Razr, I got the .902 update on the Bionic and installed it (and subsequently lost root but was able to get root back thanks to Motofail I found in Droid Bionic Forums). So for me, wifi tether from the Razr to the Bionic enabled me to get the .902 update.

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I may just do a factory reset and try it again. I'll keep ya posted!!! :blink:

Reaction score
I attempted the new OTA update several times and it still will not update. I've tried several times over wifi, and my phone is not rooted.

I had to actually disconnect from my wifi as the signal strength was low and it was pausing my update...once I did that my update started loading again and completed.

Zandar

Reaction score
The update didn't push to my device until I was on WiFi, and I get a great Verizon signal. Try switching to different networks and such (3G, 4G, WiFi, different WiFi, etc.). Hope you get it sorted; the update is a great one!

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I've tried every fix mentioned ( thanks everyone :) ) but I got to the point where I said forget it and rooted my phone. I doubt that will fix the issue, but at least i can play. :)