Animated Wallpapers and Battery Usage?

m6droid

Reaction score
I tried searching for this first, but came up with nothing so I apologize if this has been asked already...

Do animated wallpapers (backgrounds) eat/use more battery power than a standard picture wallpaper? I use my phone often, but am not always near a charger so I was curious how much they consume and if it was more hassle than worth.

Thanks for the input and answers!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried searching for this first, but came up with nothing so I apologize if this has been asked already...

Do animated wallpapers (backgrounds) eat/use more battery power than a standard picture wallpaper? I use my phone often, but am not always near a charger so I was curious how much they consume and if it was more hassle than worth.

Yes because it takes more processing power.

OP
m6droid

m6droid

Reaction score

Yes because it takes more processing power.

I figured as much, but is it considerably noticeable?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of variables youre going to have to test it out for yourself.

rustynail09

Reaction score
Yes they do, from my testing of a few of them, battery usage can be between 2% and 6% depending on how processor intensive they are.

some of the lower processor usages are:
NexusMod 2.0 LWP
Neural network
PopSquares LWP
The Matrix LWP

Higher usage:
Shake Them all (But it's sooo fun to bounce them around)
Live waterpaper
Stock Maps LWP
Beautiful Widgets Weather Live Wallpaper

These are only suggestions based on my phone, and may work completely different on yours or someone else's phone. No phone is EXACTLY alike.