Angry Birds Downloaded over 30 Million Times!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Angry_Birds_30m.png

Rovio's Peter Vesterbacka, while speaking at Game Developers Conference recently, indicated that Angry Birds has now been downloaded over 30 Million times! That's a ton of 'ruffled feathers' and 'squished pigs'. He also indicated that about 80% of Android users continue to play the game after they have downloaded it, which is a very high 'sustained interest' rate for a mobile gaming app. Man, now I wanna go play a few rounds... silly addictions. ;)

Source: Android.net via BGR

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
im not sure how the download counter works but i dont think 30 million means 30 million people think about all the people who flash ROMs regularly and what not. but that is still a very impressive number.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
It is not 30 million people, i myself have downloaded each version of it at least 5 times and after finishing the game (for as many levels it had at that time) i read about all the info this app is transmitting about the user, the phone and other information and i uninstalled it for good.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i read about all the info this app is transmitting about the user, the phone and other information and i uninstalled it for good.

Links or Backup to that?

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

The game is highly repetitive and is boring now I really dont see what the big deal is about the game. Just my .02 cents.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I love this game too.
I had to reinstall it with my second Droid1 phone, but that's fine. I forgot how to get through some levels so it's challenging.

I also like the holiday version.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
they should have charged a buck for this game

If my math serves me correctly, that would be over $30 million made. If my mind serves me correctly, that is a hell of a lot of money.

Play a jam!
Not necessarily, there are a lot of games/apps I don't download because they cost money.

Okay well that was hypothetical given that the same amount of people downloaded the app even if it still cost a dollar.

But, even if 1/4 of over 30 million people paid a dollar for the app, that's still a TON of money. I don't know about you, but I don't have that much lol.

Play a jam!

b-jammin21

Reaction score