.android_secure not deleting

geetarspaz

Reaction score
(on froyo 2.2)

i looked through other forums and i believe the ".android_secure" folder is where apps get saved to your SD card. i dont have any apps to my sd card and every time i try to delete the ".android_secure" folder is says 'error deleting files' but there is nothing in the folder. hmm.... i even tried formatting my SD card.

ROnneth

Reaction score
(on froyo 2.2)

i looked through other forums and i believe the ".android_secure" folder is where apps get saved to your SD card. i dont have any apps to my sd card and every time i try to delete the ".android_secure" folder is says 'error deleting files' but there is nothing in the folder. hmm.... i even tried formatting my SD card.

im having the same problem.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It's not a problem....and empty folders don't really take up space. The reason you can't delete it is the phone needs it. Even though no apps are in there it is still a needed folder for the phone. I know the market actually downloads apps and updates through the SD card, not sure if it goes through there or not. But either way I wouldn't worry about it.

LamesWeirdington

Reaction score
It's not a problem....

Right. Not TYPICALLY a problem, but it is for me since the .android_secure file seems to be totally ruining my chances to run plop on my inspiron 910. I cannot find any TRUE way to fixmbr on my windows, and I'm here on the forums for trouble shooting because I don't have anything but a Droid. Ho hum.. I'm assuming that .android_secure is essential for the Droid to even see the SD card. It's sad, it's like the interwebz is hiding the correct way to fix my problems lol...