Android Wear

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Earlier this morning Google announced "officially" their software designed for wearables known as Android Wear.

Update: We would like to add a few more details to this great find by pc747. Google is going all out with Android Wear. They have partnered up with a slew of manufacturers, including: LG, HTC, Motorola, Samsung and Asus on the wearables. Qualcomm, Intel, Broadcom, Imagination and Mediatek are their partners for the internals. Finally, Fossil (famed watch-maker) is jumping into the game with Google for the "fashion" side of things.

[video=youtube;buW5Md_7B1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buW5Md_7B1w[/video]

Motorola's 360
[video=youtube;dnerqDWwVgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnerqDWwVgg[/video]

LG G-Watch
LG-G-Watch-2.jpg

Be interesting to see who else throws their hat in the ring.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not really into the idea of this but I DO like the commercial better then Samsungs. ;)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg in wearable computing. Watches may not be everyone's thing, but eventually they will be able to include the same kind of smartphone and exercise band features into articles of clothing. Imagine a hoody/sweat-shirt that can monitor all of your physical vitals, can do what you ask it to do through voice commands, and has a display either on the sleeve or potentially projected in front of you.

The sky is the limit. They could make coats, jackets, shirts, shoes... you name it. Mark my words... in the (not-too-distant) future, the idea of carrying a smartphone as a separate device will be a thing of the past.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg in wearable computing. Watches may not be everyone's thing, but eventually they will be able to include the same kind of smartphone and exercise band features into articles of clothing. Imagine a hoody/sweat-shirt that can monitor all of your physical vitals, can do what you ask it to do through voice commands, and has a display either on the sleeve or potentially projected in front of you.

The sky is the limit. They could make coats, jackets, shirts, shoes... you name it. Mark my words... in the (not-too-distant) future, the idea of carrying a smartphone as a separate device will be a thing of the past.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

All it takes is to get one athlete to wear it during training or the NFL combine especially if he end up becoming either a high draft pick or successful player just as under armour . In fact would not be surprised if Google partners with UA or Nike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2