Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I'm not seeing much need for a lockscreen on my watch, personally. If someone were to take off with it and be out of range of a wifi network that I've already had it on, it won't give them my notifications. If they ARE in range, well then I'll just disconnect via the AW app.

Would be nice if Android Device Manager would do a remote wipe/lock/locate/etc on watches though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
*Stabs pc747 :D

Huh?!? Hey, sometimes things get stolen. We can't put trackers and blacklists on everything.

I don't even understand what locking it does, I guess. What IS the point? Does it still show notices?
I have personal information I wouldn't want others to get and mine also a second phone so it's, to me at least, the same as locking my phone if need be.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have personal information I wouldn't want others to get and mine also a second phone so it's, to me at least, the same as locking my phone if need be.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I get it on a device like the gear s. That makes perfect sense, but my AW watch doesn't tell you my name if you want it to & it relies on the phone for messaging contacts.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get it on a device like the gear s. That makes perfect sense, but my AW watch doesn't tell you my name if you want it to & it relies on the phone for messaging contacts.
It will not be so limited by the 3rd generation though I'll bet. AW is going to really make some leaps forward and manufacturers are going to match the software capabilities with hardware capabilities of they don't put it in and let the software catch up like now. By this time in 2017 the LG G and Galaxy Gear 1 will seem like can and string technology by comparison I believe.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, so here goes. I have an LG G watch and received the 5.1.1 update today.
  1. The Step Count card now displays the time of the last update on the bottom (if it did that in 5.0 I never noticed it). I know that not everyone uses the Step Count feature, but I like it.
  2. The whole experience feels more intuitive and smoother
  3. Really like the double tap to open apps, then the quick scroll to see contacts and scroll again to see commands. Seems easy to see contacts and then tap one to send a text, e-mail, etc. Looks to me like all Favorites and Frequently Contacted contacts are loaded by default. I assume the list will grow on the watch as contacts become "Frequently Contacted".
  4. Love the new Font size option in the Settings. My eyes are not getting any younger and makes everything easier to see when set to Large.
  5. The new Flashlight option is cool. Might not be extremely useful, but cool.
  6. The new Magnification feature is cool, could be very handy to zoom in on anything currently on the screen.
  7. The draw emoji option is OK. I probably will not use it much, but it's a nice new feature that could be handy for quick, simple replies.
  8. I think the new Lock Screen option is a good idea. Some will not use it and some will. But at least they made it a choice, as it should be. If you don't want it, leave it Off. If you want to use it, turn it On.
No dislikes yet. Not crazy about the wrist gesture idea, but it's not a dislike. I can just imagine people walking around town snapping their wrist side to side and everyone around them would have no idea what they are doing.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm liking it all so far. I like the twist to see or hide notices. You can dismiss texts individually or reply to any in the list. Not ashamed to admit I've used my nose to dismiss notices before if my other hand is busy. No more.
The emoji thing is just dumb. Can't imagine ever doing that. If I'm going to apply my finger to a screen to reply I'll pull out the phone.

TapaTurbo