Project Fi Nexus 6 Users Will Receive The 5.1.1 OTA Update Soon

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you have been lucky enough to receive a project fi invite you will be happy to know that Google will send out a 5.1.1 OTA udpate to Nexus 6 devices! You may be thinking, but wait the Nexus 6 already has Android 5.1.1. You are right all Nexus 6's except for the ones sent out with Google's Fi are already on the 5.1.1 update. This just brings these devices up to speed. Expect this update in the coming days.

Via @projectfi

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't say enough times how bad I wish fi had better service in my area. It'll be interesting to see how they handle updates moving forward. You'd think they would've had the update ready day one if the 6's on other carriers were already running it. Will also be interesting to see how updates for other devices brought over to fi from different carriers will go once they open it up to more options.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As do I. Sprint and tmo are OK in city but not available in places I go where I may need service.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They don't even exist in my area. Closest sprint store is an hour or so away & from what I hear, service isn't even great in that town.