android tablet

colinfritz83

Reaction score
I may be on the wrong site to ask about this but can anyone help.I bought my son a Epad C100 CPu ZT-180 FSB 1Ghz DDr256 10.2 Tablet for his birthday and it now wont boot it starts to boot shows the Epad sign and then the small penguin and then the small android sign and then goes on to the main android loading screen (big Capital Letters and animated Android sign but goes no further just carries on flahing.It was loaded with Android 2.1.I would be greatfull for any help i recieved and thank anyone in advance.I got Tablet from Ebay and from Xia Qing i have constantly emailed them but got no reply and Ebay say tablet is over 45 days old so they cannot help i have to contact seller who does not respond so take note and do not use this seller thanks.....Colin

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As this is a tablet and not a phone most here will probably not be familar with this device. Some of us are always up to a challenge though.

Has it ever booted?
Are you familar with the Android SDK?
Do you have a windows computer?
Do you have other options in getting this resolved?

this may take some time to sort through...so bear with us.

And welcome to our forum!

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[ROM] Zenithink ZT180 Official Firmware is a thread on our sister forum that may help.

For anyone interested in know, it looks like Universal Androot or going and using a superuser.apk and the adb shell that comes with the SDK kit will root this device. Basically, if you have rooted your phone, you can root this tablet, replace the rom, etc.

My guess is this arrived in a non-bootable state and we just need to flash a new OS onto it and then Colin will be good to go.

Last edited:
OP
C

colinfritz83

Reaction score
Hi Yes the Tablet booted fine for 2 months and was working fine till 3 days ago
No i am not familar with Android SDK
Yes i have a Windows Laptop (Vista/XP)
No have no other options as seller will not reply so put myself in your guys/Girls hands and thanks to all answers and to informaton......Colin
If there was a way to get back apps that was on Tablet i would be greatfull for advice on how to do it as Tablet came with office apps and real player no Android Market but somethig like it if this not poss would just be glad for working Tablet thanks......Colin

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi Yes the Tablet booted fine for 2 months and was working fine till 3 days ago
No i am not familar with Android SDK
Yes i have a Windows Laptop (Vista/XP)
No have no other options as seller will not reply so put myself in your guys/Girls hands and thanks to all answers and to informaton......Colin

The Android Software Developer Kit (SDK) is used by app developers to work with the phone on their projects. It comes with a tool called the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) that lets you use the command line on your computer to send commands to the phone. Windows is needed to load this software, which is why I asked about Windows.

Is the tablet just sitting there or is it trying to reboot, failing, then trying again? If it is just rebooting over and over the battery might be low.

Can you think of anything that might have changed that may have caused this problem?

There isn't a recovery tool like with the phones on this tablet.
Did you create an account on our sister forum? I've started poking around there looking for assistance.

OP
C

colinfritz83

Reaction score
Re Android Tablet

No Tablet just flashes ANDROID screen and sits on that screen usually loads seconds after that screen.Last thing done on tablet son loaded epub books on bookreader and read some of them switched of machine now it just does as described.....Colin

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No Tablet just flashes ANDROID screen and sits on that screen usually loads seconds after that screen.Last thing done on tablet son loaded epub books on bookreader and read some of them switched of machine now it just does as described.....Colin

I'm still poking around, and created a thread here for you. Feel free to make an account and join that thread too. This may take a day or so but I think we'll get this figured out for you.

Here is that thread:
Zen T180 is stuck

krikkit3690

Reaction score
same problem...

I may be on the wrong site to ask about this but can anyone help.I bought my son a Epad C100 CPu ZT-180 FSB 1Ghz DDr256 10.2 Tablet for his birthday and it now wont boot it starts to boot shows the Epad sign and then the small penguin and then the small android sign and then goes on to the main android loading screen (big Capital Letters and animated Android sign but goes no further just carries on flahing.It was loaded with Android 2.1.I would be greatfull for any help i recieved and thank anyone in advance.I got Tablet from Ebay and from Xia Qing i have constantly emailed them but got no reply and Ebay say tablet is over 45 days old so they cannot help i have to contact seller who does not respond so take note and do not use this seller thanks.....Colin

My new adroid tablet I received for Christmas has done the same thing. I have read some of the replies, but don't understand as I am not that technologically trained. Luckily mine is less than 45 days old, I may still be able to get a refund through ebay, but what a hassle! Any clues? Does anyone know where I could send this for repair?

SoundGuy_025

Reaction score

I'm still poking around, and created a thread here for you. Feel free to make an account and join that thread too. This may take a day or so but I think we'll get this figured out for you.

Here is that thread:
Zen T180 is stuck

Hey Chris. Do you happen to know how to backup a ZT-180 Epad ROM?