Android Tablet gives iPad run for the Money

slinky

Reaction score
You guys must have a TON of disposable income. 500-700 just to do those menial tasks?

skidemn

Reaction score
You guys must have a TON of disposable income. 500-700 just to do those menial tasks?

I fail to see how $150-$180 is a ton of disposable income. The Archos 7 inch uses a slower processor as a costdown, but gives it a super low $149 retail. A few bucks more for the larger screen on the 8" is a bargain!

slinky

Reaction score

I fail to see how $150-$180 is a ton of disposable income. The Archos 7 inch uses a slower processor as a costdown, but gives it a super low $149 retail. A few bucks more for the larger screen on the 8" is a bargain!

The iPad starts at $500 and that doesn't get you anything... you have to spend at least $650 and there is also the matter of a data plan... it's a colossal waste of money.

krighton

Reaction score
people that already have a data plan won't be signing up for this one...waste of money...however the wifi will work just fine for my needs.

BostonBill

Reaction score
I don't have a laptop.
The screen on my phone is too small to read a lot comfortably.
Hopefully i'll be able to tether the Ipad
It would also be another source of power for my droid.
Waiting to see the final product but am definitely listed in the $500 one

Twoo

Reaction score
First one to make a credit card scanner attachment for the Tablet is going to make a killing.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see how carrying this around is all that more convenient than carrying a laptop. It's large enough that I'd still need a bag, and my laptop fits comfortably in my briefcase.

Yeah, I suppose technically if you aren't using a bag then you could carry this around (like a book, I guess). I somehow doubt people would carry this around naked when it costs $700. And for that price, I have no idea why you don't just get a laptop with a smaller screen (don't care for the big screens myself, usually go for 14-15")

krighton

Reaction score
I don't have a laptop.
The screen on my phone is too small to read a lot comfortably.
Hopefully i'll be able to tether the Ipad
It would also be another source of power for my droid.
Waiting to see the final product but am definitely listed in the $500 one

SJobs replied to an email when someone asked if you could tether the IPAD.

he said.

NO.

though they did ask if you could tether to the IPHONE, so maybe there's some other way.

speed4tu

Reaction score
If for some weird reason I actually had a use for a tablet, I find this one pretty sweet. Unlike the total wayste called the iPad. Like a few other here tho, I don't know why one wouldnt just use a laptop. It is much faster, does more tasks, and is more convenient to use. My Droid does all i need on the go 95% of the time.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That should be too hard, given no usb, no tether, etc.... All it is, is an over sized iTouch,

dima1109

Reaction score
BostonBill, no offense, but if you don't have a real laptop and plan on dropping 500 bones on a maxiPad, you are an idiot. Go on dell.com and spec yourself a great little machine (like an 11z for example) for less than that. A full computer with an adult operating system (not the iPhone non-multitasking atrocity), high-definition screen, normal keyboard, etc, etc. I understand people buying a maxiPad when they already have a laptop for serious work on the go (as well as more money than they know what to do with), but buying a maxiPad without first getting a laptop is beyond stupid.

_33

Reaction score
A 7" Android tab would look really nice duct taped over my stock Honda navi unit. I guess I could tether it from my Droid.

Are there any decent Android tabs out now?