Android Tablet gives iPad run for the Money

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The funny part is Apple users are happy to take whatever Jobs throws there way and be happy and think it's the greatest thing since buttered bread. I cannot believe just how limited in functions and connectivity it is.

BostonBill

Reaction score
BostonBill, no offense, but if you don't have a real laptop and plan on dropping 500 bones on a maxiPad, you are an idiot. Go on dell.com and spec yourself a great little machine (like an 11z for example) for less than that. A full computer with an adult operating system (not the iPhone non-multitasking atrocity), high-definition screen, normal keyboard, etc, etc. I understand people buying a maxiPad when they already have a laptop for serious work on the go (as well as more money than they know what to do with), but buying a maxiPad without first getting a laptop is beyond stupid.

Well, although I may indeed wind up getting a netbook, I don't need anything with a keyboard. I don't do any serious work on the go.

No offense but I really don't don't think I can take any advice from a semi-literate punk ass *****. :)

krighton

Reaction score
Portrait view, over 7 inches is the main reason i'm leaning towards one of these new tablets. Keyboard is overrated. Portrait view comic reading with no resizing needed, is not.

Riddick

Reaction score
Portrait view, over 7 inches is the main reason i'm leaning towards one of these new tablets. Keyboard is overrated. Portrait view comic reading with no resizing needed, is not.

You can buy a cheap eBook reader style of device that can already do that, for far less money. Tablets are just a novelty, they're 'ok' for specialized purposes but everything that they can do can be done better by another device. If you already own a good smartphone and a laptop then a tablet is a waste of money. Tablets are ok alternatives for people who don't like laptops but they're really just novelty devices.

dima1109

Reaction score
BostonBill, it must be the Boston air that have sucked the civility out of you :D or maybe it's rooting for the "Yankees lite" :D

krighton

Reaction score
what ereader type device will allow me to read comics, in color, around 9 inches.

BostonBill

Reaction score
BostonBill, it must be the Boston air that have sucked the civility out of you :D or maybe it's rooting for the "Yankees lite" :D

Not the Boston air at all.
Maybe if you reread your post, all will be clear.