Android Tablet For College Student?

littlkj5

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good tablet in the $250 range. I want to use it primarily for taking notes in class and using it for my books (either kindle or nook). I do not want the nook version of a tablet.

Does anyone know of any that are good?

Thanks guys.

p.s. I have searched the forums but haven't found what I have been looking for.

LCH

Reaction score
My son bought a g tablet for college, taking notes and books. It was ok out of the box but UI could have been smoother so we rooted it and put TnT Lite on it which removes bloat and frees it up. Also added flash and market access. It's a sweet tablet now. He uses extensive notes for class. He showed me some of his notes yesterday and I was impressed with his outline and the detail he had been able to organize. So far he loves it and has no plans of taking his laptop back to school. G tablet is over $250 though, maybe it will come down when the new tablets start hitting. Good luck with your choice. LCH
Oh..and angry birds is free in the android market and awesome on a tablet. lol

LCH

Reaction score
Wasn't too bad to root, I used a walk through from xda which was written by someone else. Just read and follow it carefully. He likes the tablet alot, says its very convenient for school, size and capability wise. It has lots of options depending on how you set it up and want to use it. LCH

LCH

Reaction score
He got his at Electronic Express because it was on sale, I'd just price shop it and see who had the best price. Only problem he has had is finding a case locally for it that fits really well. He had to order one on line which is taking a while to get. LCH