android.process.media has stopped

MammonChrist

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH-T599N
I own a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N and I've looked everywhere for resolution to this problem I cant download anything from the Google Play store keeps giving me error code 491, and the fix that everyone says go to applications manager/all/media storage, doesn't help me because that application doesn't exist as if it was deleted from my phone, Im not sure what happened but its nonexistent please anyone help me find an answer to this problem.

OP
M

MammonChrist

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH-T599N
I own a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N and I've looked everywhere for resolution to this problem I cant download anything from the Google Play store keeps giving me error code 491, and the fix that everyone says go to applications manager/all/media storage, doesn't help me because that application doesn't exist as if it was deleted from my phone, Im not sure what happened but its nonexistent please anyone help me find an answer to this problem.
Ive even tried deleting everything and trying to see if the phone will rebuild the files to no avail, and Ive even restored to factory.

P

promo87

Well, error 491 can ber fixed by heading to the settings>account and sync> Gmail account>remove the gmail account, head over to the application manager> clear the cache and the data stored by PlayStore, GooglePlayServices. Restart your device, put the gmail account back in place and then open up the PlayStore account all done ! :) Your device must be working in a right way now ! :)

OP
M

MammonChrist

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH-T599N
Well, error 491 can ber fixed by heading to the settings>account and sync> Gmail account>remove the gmail account, head over to the application manager> clear the cache and the data stored by PlayStore, GooglePlayServices. Restart your device, put the gmail account back in place and then open up the PlayStore account all done ! :) Your device must be working in a right way now ! :)
Thanks I've already tried that twice :(.

OP
M

MammonChrist

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH-T599N
Aww....... that just leaves me not other option rather than saying :( backup your data and try performing a factory reset :(
Did that already too it doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do, apps keep crashing resorted to using the Amazon Apps store instead of Google Play.

P

promo87

Did that already too it doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do, apps keep crashing resorted to using the Amazon Apps store instead of Google Play.

Hmm.... that's horrible, are your following the exact step i have mentioned i.e. removing the google account and then restart your device, and add account once again. And then then try clearing the data and the cache stored by the Google Services app and then force stopping it ??? :eek: I have seen this problem with a number of device which sorted out after ..... o_O It seems just too much .... I am running out of the options. Try doing this one more time and again if you encounter the same I would say try walking towards the nearest support for seeking help on what is going on with your device. :(

OP
M

MammonChrist

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH-T599N
Hmm.... that's horrible, are your following the exact step i have mentioned i.e. removing the google account and then restart your device, and add account once again. And then then try clearing the data and the cache stored by the Google Services app and then force stopping it ??? :eek: I have seen this problem with a number of device which sorted out after ..... o_O It seems just too much .... I am running out of the options. Try doing this one more time and again if you encounter the same I would say try walking towards the nearest support for seeking help on what is going on with your device. :(
I will try a few more times before giving up, also gallery won't show any pics I have to go into file browser just to see them, tried to rescan for media and none shows

P

promo87

I will try a few more times before giving up, also gallery won't show any pics I have to go into file browser just to see them, tried to rescan for media and none shows

Aww... that's bad ! I think you may need to visit the support, instead of :( I hope they will fix it for you !