Android Portable Projector

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago there was a thread about portable projectors and here we are CES 2015 ZTE is launching the ZTE S Pro 2. Nice concept but does this appeal to any of you?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It doesn't mention if it's laser or not, but my guess is LED light source. Laser is THE way to go and I'll buy when one comes like that with full laser. With laser there is no focusing needed, it's in focus to will beyond its targeted maximum screen size.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
AAXA L1 Laser Pico Projector - LCoS Based Hand-held Pocket Projector - Laser Micro Projector

l1v2hand.jpg

looks quite promising, but Sony laser pico projector module beams out focus-free HD images is going to be a game-changer.
sony-pico-projector-2014-02-20-03.jpg

It's small enough to be incorporated into a phone already, but will only get smaller.

8ido1800000je2h5.jpg

Compact dimensions (52.5mm length x 63.0mm width x 7.2mm height

Even at that size it will make a pico projector to drool over.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
AAXA L1 Laser Pico Projector - LCoS Based Hand-held Pocket Projector - Laser Micro Projector

l1v2hand.jpg

looks quite promising, but Sony laser pico projector module beams out focus-free HD images is going to be a game-changer.
sony-pico-projector-2014-02-20-03.jpg

It's small enough to be incorporated into a phone already, but will only get smaller.

8ido1800000je2h5.jpg

Compact dimensions (52.5mm length x 63.0mm width x 7.2mm height

Even at that size it will make a pico projector to drool over.

Much more compact! I can't justify the price tag on something like this, but have always toyed with the idea of getting a projector for the house. Something like this, done right could serve that purpose quite nicely. Netflix in the backyard or something.

I'm not seeing the advantage of the touchscreen on the projector in the OP if it pairs with my phone. Why would I not just use my phone's touchscreen, which is already incredibly familiar to me and that I can take to a comfortable seat instead of bending over this little projector to fiddle with its screen and hope that I don't accidentally shift it around?

If I bought the one in the OP, I don't think I'd ever touch that screen unless you HAVE to to set it up/focus it/etc.

Still, I'm glad people are still working on these little projectors, because I think one could be a lot of fun if done right.

jasonwell90

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy note 4
Nowadays there are many affordable options out there, picking a streaming device can be really tough! How about Aodin Android Projector?