Android Market Password

BillyT

Reaction score
I received an update notification last night for some apps. No biggie I thought, selected the notification and received a password request. My intial thought was that I had gotten hacked. Spent quite a while trying to key in any password I have ever used to no avail.

Logged on to Gmail and You Tube on my desktop, changed both passwords and still couldn't get in.

This morning I got a notification on the phone to enter my you tube password (I changed it last night). New password took ok. Great I thought, now I should be able to log onto the market. It seemed to take the password, but then I have to try (and I do mean try) to enter the cryptic captcha message (10 times or more). No go.

I tried to wipe the application data, no go.

Finally backed the Market updates down to the original version (that I'd never seen on my DX2) and was able to log in with no problem. That's about 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Have no idea what the heck happened there.

Reaction score
The X2 has a app called accounts. You need to make sure you've updated ALL of the Google related accounts to your new password.

ezbreezy

Reaction score
what I did

The same thing happened with my phone.

I don't claim to be a techy, but this is what worked for me. I simply went under the "settings" tab under my main screen, choose "accounts & sync" (my youtube account wasn't synced) so I deleted my youtube email and went out. Then I went into the Market and it didn't ask me for my youtube password and it allowed me to go into the Market with no problems. - took 2 minutes and I didn't have to back my Market updates down at all.
***********************************************************************************************************************

I received an update notification last night for some apps. No biggie I thought, selected the notification and received a password request. My intial thought was that I had gotten hacked. Spent quite a while trying to key in any password I have ever used to no avail.

Logged on to Gmail and You Tube on my desktop, changed both passwords and still couldn't get in.

This morning I got a notification on the phone to enter my you tube password (I changed it last night). New password took ok. Great I thought, now I should be able to log onto the market. It seemed to take the password, but then I have to try (and I do mean try) to enter the cryptic captcha message (10 times or more). No go.

I tried to wipe the application data, no go.

Finally backed the Market updates down to the original version (that I'd never seen on my DX2) and was able to log in with no problem. That's about 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Have no idea what the heck happened there.

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
That's the thing, I didn't change the password until after this message came up in the market (only because I wasn't sure what it was). I didn't have a warm fuzzy about linking my google and you tube accounts when I did that (months ago). If (when) this happens again, I will probably go ahead and remove the you tube/google linked account. Thanks both of you for replying back!

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I got a notification that there were updates in the market. When I try to open the Market, it wants me to sign in under [email protected]

[edit]

I tried the password I use for youtube, and it didn't work.

I was just coming on to ask about it and found this thread. I removed the youtube/google account and it worked fine. I still say WTF?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please watch the language and ways around the filter.

I'm curious how you resolve your p/w issue.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I went to Settings, Accounts. Inside was a list. 3 of them were my gmail account, marked as Google, my youtube account marked as youtube and my youtube [email protected] marked as google. I clicked remove account for that one.

I didn't use symbols or trickery to get around the filters. I used a common internet expression. Which can also mean Whats That For. If thats why you [editted] my post, then you may as well [edit] the other one too.

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
Please watch the language and ways around the filter.

I find myself quite annoyed by this statement. Perhaps you can perovide a link to forum rules where it is stated what is and what is not permitted. I do not understand why this forum should have rules that are more severe than what the FCC demands of over the air transmissions.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Honestly, the FCC has to balance freedom of speech with what they have decided is indecent. This forum is private "property" and the owner can put whatever restrictions he wants with regards to participation.

I do think that w t f is hardly cause for concern with filtering though.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find myself quite annoyed by this statement. Perhaps you can perovide a link to forum rules where it is stated what is and what is not permitted. I do not understand why this forum should have rules that are more severe than what the FCC demands of over the air transmissions.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88151

It took me a minute to find this but here you go and just because what you might see on TV is different, just remember, an organization can make their own rules as long as it doesn't violate federal or state law.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
It was a statement that I made that I was referring to. I am not a child and don't appreciate being treated that way. I try to keep from posting in a way that could be deemed offensive. I was not attempting to "avoid" any language filter. I have been unable to locate any forum guidelines about what is and what is not acceptable. A private note would have been more appropriate than a public statement.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, I apologize if I offended you. Back on topic, are you rooted? If it's the new market that's causing you problems, then you could try renaming marketupdater.apk to marketupdater.apk.bak, clear your updates, data, and cache. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure then, I'm still using the D1. Good luck!

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
rck76- it was not you that made the statement I take offense to, it was a moderator. I appreciate you taking the time to apologize and then not only finding the information I was seeking, but also continuing forward to offer possible causes/solutions to the original post. Now that I know what is expected, it is much easier (possible) to comply.

I am rooted, but was rooted for awhile before this came up the first time. When it happened last time (last night) I deleted the you tube account for that user name. I got into the market fine afterwards. I received a logon problem with you tube this morning that I was able to enter my password to get past. Would really like to know how this began.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more I re-read this thread, the more I think the mod's comment was directed at DJTURNz but I can't be certain. As far as YouTube goes, I don't have an account so I can't really test that out. Also, not sure if the problem would be replicable on the D1 but if I read your last post correctly, it is working now and you're just not sure why it wasn't working before?