Android Market is upgrading to GOOGLE PLAY

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get the message when i go to the market.. it installs the new google play... deletes my market.. and i cant access either... anyone else have this new market error?

in order to fix it i go uninstall updates in google play but when i switch back to the old market it comes right back again.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a few times... this time it installed fine without a reboot but my market button in the app drawer didnt accept "Play store" and now is a useless button on the top right of my app drawer :eek: (stock launcher)

Kack

Reaction score
Yeah, that button in the app drawer is a moto blur thing and can only be fix if they send out a patch to update it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Ive talked to a few people who are rooted and the market button<google play> works for them . the one at the top right of the screen in the app drawer.

it also seems as if there are a lot of threads with this same topic and concern.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive talked to a few people who are rooted and the market button<google play> works for them . the one at the top right of the screen in the app drawer.

it also seems as if there are a lot of threads with this same topic and concern.

i havent rooted again since i lost root but ill be sure to play with it some more when i add a rom again.. and the only other market topic i seen on this forum has nothing to do with google play... unless i posted in the wrong section.. thanks for the info though :biggrin:

Reaction score

Yeah but most of those users are probably running some form of ics which is built by Google so they made sure to write the new app in a way that still links to that icon. But the moto blue launcher will not work until moto fixes it.

huskur

Reaction score
Verizon wireless has no answers for the "google play" icon in the top right of the app drawer not working. No time frame on replacing it with the "google play" or removing it

Reaction score
Verizon wireless has no answers for the "google play" icon in the top right of the app drawer not working. No time frame on replacing it with the "google play" or removing it

It is not up to Verizon. Moto had to fix it, then submit their fix to Verizon for approval. Most likely this will just get added in to the next ota.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Yea, the Google Play thing caught me off guard lastnight! Was in the middle of installing the HP ePrint app when I got the Google Play message. When I went to load the Cloud Print app, no Market icon, thought WTF! Took me a couple of minutes to catch on.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score
During the interim, just long press a blank area of your screen and add a shortcut > application> Play Store to your screen, should get you by. Sure they will recover from this "oh crap!" Moment :eek:

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

Last edited:

lykofos

Reaction score
I guess I haven't got the new Play update yet. Market shortcut in the upper right corner of the app drawer still works, market icon looks the same (and says version 3.4.4). However, when I opened up the Market today it had a pop up box asking me if I accept the new Google Play TOS. I clicked yes and proceeded to browse the market as usual.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Out of curiosity, it's listed as Google Play Store in the app drawer? Just thought it interesting since on the Rezound it's listed as "Play Store," which sounds like an adult sex shop IMO. I already miss the market and the little droid guy on a shopping bag. RIP Market

rckrz6

Reaction score
Its listed as play store on my bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
For some strange reason, I have "Play Books", "Play Music" and "Play Movies" but no "Google Play" store icon. WTH?