Android Flash Apps Website

ArmoredCavalry

Reaction score
So, after checking out flash on Froyo, I think there is some real potential in terms of competition with local apps.

Which leads me to my idea. I think that creating a mobile website with a collection of android compatible flash apps would be a great idea.

Basically, it would be a very simple site with apps sorted by category (games, utility, music, etc.) Later on, it could expand functionality to have things such as OpenID login that stored "Your Apps", etc. That way a user could say, pick which apps they like, and save their preference so only those display.

Anyhow, before I start making the site, I was wondering if anyone was interested in partnering up with me. Mostly someone who is interested in web design, and/or willing to test and find flash apps that work well on Android. Really, you could pitch in however you want though.

The site would not have any revenue at first, so all I can promise in terms of payment would be pointers on web dev+design and/or free hosting for your own site if you wanted one.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, or pm me. Thanks! dancedroid

leadhead

Reaction score
Hey, I don't know too much about web design but I'd be interested in finding and testing flash games

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. cant wait to see how this goes on!!

yurdle

Reaction score
From the looks of it you don't need a hosting server.. but If you do I might be able to help there...

Which reminds me I need to finish my server migrate i started a few weeks back.. moving from a 32 bit os to 64 bit os.. -.- should have been 64 bit in the first place... but whatever..

Anyways... I'm here to help =) Just let me know

leadhead

Reaction score
I have a PC with ubuntu server edition on it, I don't know if that would help, although I don't know if too many servers would be needed right away.

yurdle

Reaction score
Oh just an added note on my server, its also running Ubuntu Server.. right now its on 9.10 I think, but I'm very slowly moving it to 10.04

The Location of the server allows or 50MBit/s transfer with much higher peaks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great site but this was already made = \...m.flash.com

Last edited:
OP
ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Reaction score
Hey, I don't know too much about web design but I'd be interested in finding and testing flash games

Cool, I will pm you my contact details if you still want to get involved.

That looks like more of a site for native apps, not flash ones.

Great site but this was already made = \...m.flash.com

Meh, that is only a handful of flash sites picked by Adobe. Also, there were already search engines when google started. :)

Last edited: