Android devices taking top honors on all carriers

J

JohnDroid

consumer-reports-list.jpg

Consumer reports has posted their top device list for selected carriers and it appears that Android has taken the top honors on all carriers. The only carrier that's up for debate is the AT&T network where the Samsung Captivate shares top honors with the iPhone 4.

So, here's the full list for you. Let us know if you agree or disagree with the list and what ordering you might pick on a per carrier basis.

AT&T
  1. Samsung Captivate/Apple iPhone 4
  2. Apple iPhone 3GS
  3. HTC Aria
  4. Blackberry Torch
Sprint
  1. Samsung Epic 4G
  2. HTC EVO 4G
  3. Samsung Intercept
T-Mobile
  1. Samsung Vibrant
  2. T-Mobile G2
  3. HTC myTouch 3G Slide
Verizon
  1. Motorola Droid X
  2. Samsung Fascinate
  3. Motorola Droid 2

(Source: TheNextWeb)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Purely focusing on the Verizon lineup, it seems interesting that they are rating phones without physical keyboards as higher than those WITH physical keyboards.

Granted the Droid X has a larger screen, but that's because it does away with the physical keyboard.

I'll have to pick up the next Consumer Reports Mag. The one that I saw was a little old and it still had the original Droid on it, and it was rated highest for Verizon (it said that the Droid X was too new to rate yet), and at the time the iPhone 4 was the highest rated device, BUT they didn't recommend it due to the antennae issue.

I wonder if they rate carriers, too. Sprint was rated lowest with ATT rated 3rd on that one (they only focused on the big 4), Verizon rating 1st, Tmobile rating second overall (focusing on network accessibility, customer service, etc..). Verizon was best, but a bit pricier. Tmobile was second, but had slightly cheaper plans.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to the recent advertising commercial Motorola and Verizon have a different outlook on the best devices for VZW - Droid X - Droid Pro - Droid 2 Global (D2G)

Sent from my Droid

tonydelite

Reaction score
I personally don't think the incredible is all that great. I think their list looks pretty good. Although I prefer phones with keyboards, so I guess out of the current lineup the Droid 2 would be #1 for me if i had to buy a new phone today.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is the incredible not on top?!
The Incredible is considered Old in the Technology World - now expect the upcoming HDinc to shoot to the top of this list soon after it's release :D

OP
J

JohnDroid

Damn you Fedex, deliver my Droid X today already!!!!!!

Waiting on my Droid Pro as well. Pissed that I ordered it on the 9th, it didn't ship until the 10th, and didn't get next day air shipping, instead -- it got 2 day air. So I feel like Verizon screwed me out of 2 days!

Big Lou

Reaction score
At first I didn't see that iPhone4 shared #1 on AT&T and immediately assumed this article was trash. I was wondering how they would have the iPhone3GS up there without the 4.

Glad to see the Captivate shared the top spot--albeit a little surprising.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Damn you Fedex, deliver my Droid X today already!!!!!!

Waiting on my Droid Pro as well. Pissed that I ordered it on the 9th, it didn't ship until the 10th, and didn't get next day air shipping, instead -- it got 2 day air. So I feel like Verizon screwed me out of 2 days!

Same here!! It went from CA all the farking way to Tennessee then back up to here. I really hate FedEx at times, I prefer UPS.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow 10 out of 12 spots. Im not counting the BB because every other carer has three top spots.
By the way, JohnDroid, the Pro is very nice I was at Verizon this morning looking at the new releases. I really like the Pro, its a better version of a BB. I would definitely recommend it to everyone that has a BB and wants to try android.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

jhatton

Reaction score
But the verizon lineup, really isn't that fair, since 85% of their phones are droids, is that a really fair comparison?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
But the verizon lineup, really isn't that fair, since 85% of their phones are droids, is that a really fair comparison?

Actually the majority of brand new smartphones for ALL carriers are all Android phones.

Notice that every single phone touted as being 4G are all Android? Interesting isn't it ;)
Sprint EVO 4G
Samsung EPIC 4G
Tmobile HTC G2 (this one is debateable if its 4G, but TMobile claims it is)

jhatton

Reaction score

Actually the majority of brand new smartphones for ALL carriers are all Android phones.

Notice that every single phone touted as being 4G are all Android? Interesting isn't it ;)
Sprint EVO 4G
Samsung EPIC 4G
Tmobile HTC G2 (this one is debateable if its 4G, but TMobile claims it is)

That's not really a fair assumption then...if the majority of the new phones are androids? That would like be comparing apples to oranges. It can't be done...

If all phones have the same operating system then, the report is favored automatically in the droid favor.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
That's not really a fair assumption then...if the majority of the new phones are androids? That would like be comparing apples to oranges. It can't be done...

If all phones have the same operating system then, the report is favored automatically in the droid favor.

Not all phones have the same operating system. There's iOS, BB, Symbian, WebOS, and now Windows Phone seems like it might be an actual competitor for once, too.
Android is just better dancedroid