Samsung Shares List of Their US Carrier Devices Scheduled to Get Ice Cream Sandwich

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs2-and-ics-pic.png

Samsung just shared their list of devices for each U.S. carrier which are scheduled to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich update eventually. The only carrier that they didn't have any details about was T-Mobile, but they indicated that they are in communication with them and will share more information later. Here's the breakdown:

AT&T:
  • Galaxy S II (SGH-i777)
  • Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-i727)
  • Galaxy Note (SGH-i717)
  • Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
  • Nexus S (SGH-i9020A)
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 (SGH-i957)
Sprint:
  • Nexus S 4G (SPH-d720) ICS Update is Available!
  • Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-d710)
Verizon:
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SCH-i905)
  • Galaxy Tab 7.7 (SCH-i815)
Wi-Fi:
  • Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi (P6210)
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi (P7310)
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (P7510)
T-Mobile:
"We are in close communication with T-Mobile to ensure that eligible devices are upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming months and will provide updates as we have additional details to share."

Sound off if your device's "name was called."

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Samsung

ExodusC

Reaction score
I still have no idea why they wouldn't upgrade the Droid Charge to ICS.

From what I understand, Charge owners are pissed at Samsung because of this.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So none of the Samsung phones on vzw getting ICS. No stratosphere, no charge, no nothing.

Kind of lame considering HTC is bringing ICS to the Thunderbolt and Incredible 2.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So none of the Samsung phones on vzw getting ICS. No stratosphere, no charge, no nothing.

Kind of lame considering HTC is bringing ICS to the Thunderbolt and Incredible 2.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is Samsung's fault or if it has something to do with Verizon's relationship with Samsung...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if this is Samsung's fault or if it has something to do with Verizon's relationship with Samsung...

At this point I'm picking Samsung as the reason. The phones they've listed all have dual core CPUs, with the exception of the NEXUS S. Which is an exception anyways cause it's a NEXUS.

It's possible they've decided that only dual core phones are getting ICS.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Seems like they forgot about us Charge owners. They just give us a half-assed update, which cut the start up time in half probably which was pretty cool, but that's about it.

ben7337

Reaction score
Seems like they forgot about us Charge owners. They just give us a half-assed update, which cut the start up time in half probably which was pretty cool, but that's about it.

At least you got an update. The stratosphere came out only a month or two before ICS was available, even closer than the charge, and the phone hasn't received one update to deal with any of the bugs, and there are quite a few that I consider major.

At this point I'd settle for samsung just releasing the source for their RIL or w/e we need to properly figure it out and work with it. At the very least they could make it possible for the rom developers to produce ICS roms and AOSP roms.

geoff5093

Reaction score
At least you got an update. The stratosphere came out only a month or two before ICS was available, even closer than the charge, and the phone hasn't received one update to deal with any of the bugs, and there are quite a few that I consider major.

At this point I'd settle for samsung just releasing the source for their RIL or w/e we need to properly figure it out and work with it. At the very least they could make it possible for the rom developers to produce ICS roms and AOSP roms.
That's why I only buy flagship phones which tend to get more support.