Android compatible hands free audio / phone blue-tooth streaming car stereo?

stickiswinning

Reaction score
So I have a Note 2 and figure this may just the the place for this?

I am trying to findan Android compatible car stereo that offers hands free blue tooth streaming of audio and phone calls. There seems to be a major influx of iPhone supported car stereos and nothing but confusion found when looking for Android supported car stereos.I have looked everywhere for any reviews or even places to look for answers to no avail. Where are you android community?

jseah

Reaction score
There's nothing "special" that is required to be blue tooth compatible with Android. If the head unit has the blue tooth phone and audio profiles, that's all you need. I wonder if the Apple–compatible stereos means that it comes with an Apple connector? The COMAND audio system in my Mercedes has an Apple connector cable in the glove compartment that when connected to an iPhone or iPod provides additional access to Apple specific things like play lists and searching by folders, etc.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, the Sony stereo pre-installed into my Ford F-150 (MyTouch Ford) has Bluetooth Phone and also A2DP Stereo streaming from my phone. I get into the truck, turn the key, and within about 5 seconds my phone starts streaming my favorite internet radio station through my truck's stereo. When a call comes in, the music stops, the phone rings and I take the call. Once done with the call, I hang up and the music picks right up after the call ends.

I am sure that there are PLENTY of after-market stereos that will do this. A simple Google search for "car stereo a2dp" resulted in the following;

Best 5 car stereos - CNET Reviews

Amazon.com: Dual XDMA6355 AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver (Black): Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo with iPhone 4 App Control and 7.0" Capacitive Touch: Electronics

Amazon.com: Lanzar AQMP70BTB AM/FM-MPX In-Dash Marine Detachable Face Radio with SD/MMC/USB Player and Bluetooth Wireless Technology: GPS & Navigation

and more...

OP
S

stickiswinning

Reaction score
I guess I know that these are the options, but what if any does hands free voice dialing, streams audio and is recommended for the Note 2 and the Razr?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I guess I know that these are the options, but what if any does hands free voice dialing, streams audio and is recommended for the Note 2 and the Razr?

As mentioned, these all offer audio streaming, and since your phone does voice dialing it would incorporate with them fine. Some may even have a "phone" button which would activate the phone's hands-free voice recognition and allow not only hands-free dialing but also hands-free navigation among other functions.

As far as being recommended for Note 2 and RAZR, that's not typically how third party manufacturers are going to market their products unless they are cellular accessories. Given that these are car Stereos first, they would be more concerned with which cars they fit into and what wiring harnesses are required or included.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2