Android 7.1.1

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just downloaded and installed Android 7.1.1 on my wife's Moto Z Play Droid. Very nice, good job Moto! Launcher 3 has been redesigned and now includes a Google Now screen to the left of Home. The Google icons have all been changed and are more rounded, with quick pop-up options on a long press. Very nice! And there is now a Restart option in addition to Power Off. Good stuff.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
My icons and screen see shrunk down to almost being tiny in size. Any idea how to get it back to normal?
THANK you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Meant to add, I now have about 3/4"' of empty space at the top of each screen.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@TxDoc....that's normal with 7.1.1. Google made the icons smaller and added a fifth row at the top of the screen. It's part of the 7.1.1 update.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Ohhhh, now you tell me!!' .
Thank you Sajo great

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
You know, I've usually read some kind of "what's coming" on something like Droid life that gives you daily updates via email. But, in this case the first inkling of any word of an update was like...BAM... Sajo rather calmly posts...update was cool on my wife's phone.

I had NO idea, NO WARNING to expect, to look for, or what was in the update.

So, I look...and there sure is! What's not to like about that. I grab it, install it, and restart....And, hey I got "rather reduced in size" icons and since extra space here and there.

I half way expected to read that "a tiny percentage of people" might have received a corrupted download that shrunk their icons and screen presentations!

But, this was not to be the case. It was just an unexpected surprise that would be appropriate to appear in the dictionary under an example of what "ignorance" might be.

You can bet I will be looking for a preview of "Android 7.1.2" !!

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
What you didn't know..I just upgraded my laptop to a new one with major, for me, upgrades. SSD drives, etc.
I've had it since Sunday, but no time to open the box.
So, at midnight, last night, I started it up. I had to go thru a rather extensive initial process.
Then, about 1 A.M., I "didn't know part 2" hit.....no CONTROL PANEL, or at least like what I had been living with on Windows VISTA HOME edition!! But, my Dell with it had never skipped a beat. I could did what I needed to do and was happy.

But now, this Android update with the windows 10 SLAP in the face was a.m. unexpected jolt at 2 am!! But, another hour and little Google help, everything really was a bright light on both updates/upgrades!! Similar to the semi-shock of going from a Nokia brick phone to the OG Droid a few years ago. So..now, in the words of Paul Harvey, now you know, the rest of the story.

Last edited:

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Well, that kinda sums it up