Android 5 Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy Phones Confirmed for Early 2015

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-devices-2015-lollipop.jpeg

Even though the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Poland just started receiving its Android 5.0 Lollipop update a couple days ago, it has been supposedly confirmed that the rest of their Galaxy S5 phones and a number of other Galaxy flagships will not be getting a taste of Lollipop until early next year (2015).

As you can see from the pic above, a reporter from Reuters Tweeted exactly which devices from Samsung will be getting the first round of Android Lollipop in early 2015: the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S5 LTE-A.

It has not been specified if this update will be Android 5.0, or Google's newest big-fixing version, Android 5.0.1. We will keep you apprised as more details arise.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is good news. Will be interesting to see what the official OTA looks like after seeing the videos of early builds of lollipop running on some of these phones.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I know I'm on a site like many other tech sites where we all want the latest and greatest for our phones ASAP....but man o man....TAKE YOUR TIME SAMSUNG!

Right below this thread as I type is a thread stating that 5.0.1 testing is out. That means that in less than 2 months, there's already a slew of bugs and functionality defects that Google has to push out a fix. I'm sure we'll be on 5.0.4 or maybe even 5.1 by the time it pushes to my VZ note 3, but, I won't cry a tear. If it doesn't dramatically improve my battery life, or make me a sandwich...then it's basically something else to whine about when it becomes official.

Yea, WE wouldn't mind tinkering w/it and making it work....but my wife is now an android user, and the moment she starts complaining about android issues....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great news. Can't wait for it to get to my s4.