Android 5.0.1 with TouchWiz Leaks for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-lollipop-touchwiz-leaked-for-note-edge.jpg

It looks like the Android 5.0.1 with TouchWiz build has already leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Here's a quote with more of the details,

Well, from the looks of it, a beta Lollipop build for certain versions of the Galaxy Note Edge has leaked from the drain and ended up on one of the specialized forums for the device over at XDA. It's a stock TouchWiz firmware from 29 January, rolling under the XXU1BOA2 build name, and is based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Currently, it is available for two variations of the device - the SM-N915FY (for Europe) and the SM-N915F.

Flashing this build on your Note Edge with Odin's help won't trip the Knox counter and void your warranty, as it's an official Samsung firmware. However, we shouldn't forget that it's a "beta" and certainly has a few issues. Probably the most serious one is a problem with the minimum frequency of the Snapdragon 805 chipset, which has to be manually set to 300MHz right after you flash the build with the help of a third-party app.

That's exciting news for Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge owners, because it probably means the final build isn't too far away!

Here's our dedicated Galaxy Note Edge section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Too bad it isn't for the SM-915T or I would have taken it for a ride.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I won't hold my breath on the regular Note 4 being right along with the Edge. They don't advertise the edge as being Gear VR compatible, do they? Not sure how the edge screen plays into the system or not.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I won't hold my breath on the regular Note 4 being right along with the Edge. They don't advertise the edge as being Gear VR compatible, do they? Not sure how the edge screen plays into the system or not.

I've never read about the Edge being condidered for VR. I would imagine it won't be since it originally launched as a limited edition phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've never read about the Edge being condidered for VR. I would imagine it won't be since it originally launched as a limited edition phone.
Which means the Edge isn't suffering from the issues of the Gear VR software not playing well with Lollipop, if the rumors that that's the issue with the regular Note 4's update are true.

::sadface::

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Which means the Edge isn't suffering from the issues of the Gear VR software not playing well with Lollipop, if the rumors that that's the issue with the regular Note 4's update are true.

::sadface::

Yeah Sammobile says they are working on the kernel to play nice with VR.