Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
Just in case some of our users have the Nabi DreamTab HD8 kids tablet, you might want to know that an over the air update of Android 4.4 is rolling out to your kid's device. This update includes a few other noteworthy features as well.
Here's a quote with the full update details including a guide to get it going,
NABI DREAMTAB HD8 OVER-THE-AIR SOFTWARE UPDATE V1.2
We’re pleased to announce the Over-The-Air (OTA) Update v1.2 for your nabi DreamTab HD8, which includes numerous additions, enhancements and fixes.
- nabi Calendar App: Kids can learn the days of the week and manage their daily schedules by selecting preset events or writing their own.
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat: The latest version of the world's most popular mobile operating system with improved memory management, delivers apps that are efficient and responsive, and faster multi-tasking.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology: NFC makes pairing devices easy so you can seamlessly share information. Kids can now bring nabi Morpho Pods Dragons Edition to life in the School of Dragonsgame by tapping the Morpho Pods to the back of the tablet.
Important: You will need 1.5 GB free in order to perform this update.
- Fixes to optimize and enhance nabi Music, nabi Gallery, Tap to Download apps, and Bluetooth pairing.
- Fixes to micro SD card compatibility in nabi Gallery.
- Fixes to prevent linking out to other websites in Crafts and Spinlets+Music.
- Google Security fixes.
If you want to confirm your nabi DreamTab HD8 has been updated, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your nabi DreamTab HD8. Make sure your nabi DreamTab HD8 is plugged in, charging and starts at a minimum of 50% battery life.
- Ensure your nabi DreamTab HD8 is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to nabi® Mommy/Daddy Mode.
- Download the update:
- Tap on Update on bottom right.
- Tap on Check Now.
- Tap on Download.
- Tap on Update System Now.
- Click OK to confirm update.
- Your nabi DreamTab HD8 will automatically reboot. This will take a few minutes to complete.
- The Android Robot will appear for a few minutes while your nabi DreamTab HD8 updates its software and firmware.
Warning: do not interrupt this process by powering off.
- Once all updates are completed, you'll be brought directly into nabi® Mode!
We highly encourage updating your nabi DreamTab HD8 tablet today! If you have any questions or need more information, please email us at [email protected].
- In nabi® Mode, tap Menu > Settings > About.
- Under Product Version, you should see 1.2.
They even included a video which you can check out above.