Android 3.0 Porting to x86?

Twitch043

Reaction score
For those who haven't heard of this:

Welcome to Androidx86
Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

Just two of the places where you can find Android 2.2 .isos to install on your netbook or other computer. I haven't tried this myself, but I have a friend who has and loves the results.

However, since we have tablets coming out now with Android 3.0, the tablet-oriented Android OS, how long do you guys think it would be until we could get a successful port? Obviously Android 2.2 is awesome as well, but Android 3.0 would be off the charts awesome! Instead of buying a Xoom or Galaxy 10.1 you could just download and install Android 3.0 onto your current netbook... the thought makes me drool.

Anyway, you can find more info on the stuff floating around by Googling. What're your guys' thoughts on this and where it might go to?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who haven't heard of this:

Welcome to Androidx86
Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

Just two of the places where you can find Android 2.2 .isos to install on your netbook or other computer. I haven't tried this myself, but I have a friend who has and loves the results.

However, since we have tablets coming out now with Android 3.0, the tablet-oriented Android OS, how long do you guys think it would be until we could get a successful port? Obviously Android 2.2 is awesome as well, but Android 3.0 would be off the charts awesome! Instead of buying a Xoom or Galaxy 10.1 you could just download and install Android 3.0 onto your current netbook... the thought makes me drool.

Anyway, you can find more info on the stuff floating around by Googling. What're your guys' thoughts on this and where it might go to?

having the source publicly released would probably be step 1 before any work gets done on this sort of thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cbloyer81

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I have a table PC lying around and I was wondering if I could put Android 3.0 on it.

ReGReT

Reaction score
Haha, pretty funny, running Android 2.2 via USB on my Alienware notebook :)