Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
i hope that just over 6mflops isnt what we're waiting for...
i know right now im hitting 5.8 on stock clock setting
i would hope JIT is a better improvement than this. unless the JIT they are using is the same i have already.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
that score is thru linpack, btw
looks to be so.
try my rom if you want to see the speed increase(its decent, but not 450%, but neither is this apparently)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm at 1ghz with no JIT and no swap and I get around 7-8 mflops. Since that is more than the stock N1 in the engadget pics, maybe 2.2 will give us more than the 40mflops that the 2.2 N1 shows :icon_eek: mmm

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
with JIT that score would be close to 12, if not over

at what clock speed? bc when i enable JIT, i need 1.2 ghz kernel to reach that score. and froyo still runs on droid at 550mhz not 1.2 ghz

boostdscoob

Reaction score
???
Speed central to Google's Android 2.2 plans | Deep Tech - CNET News

this link shows 5.8 ish thru linpack.

at 600(dont have a 550 slot)
i hit 5.8 constantly.

meaning this superawesome revolutionary JIT is what we already have.
and the v8 web engine we've had forever
although im sure theyve been optimized, i am beginning to think there might be a serious dissapointment to people who have already ran JIT roms.

brando56894

Reaction score
Im sure they will preform better and it will crash (a lot) less. The JIT included in the roms is usually unstable and doesn't really benefit much since most apps are built to use JIT.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
???
Speed central to Google's Android 2.2 plans | Deep Tech - CNET News

this link shows 5.8 ish thru linpack.

at 600(dont have a 550 slot)
i hit 5.8 constantly.

meaning this superawesome revolutionary JIT is what we already have.
and the v8 web engine we've had forever
although im sure theyve been optimized, i am beginning to think there might be a serious dissapointment to people who have already ran JIT roms.

agreed, rooted users wont care for 2.2 besides minor upgrades. Jit will not do much for droid at stock clock speed. maybe reach 6 or 7 mgflps at best. but for rooted users, should be impressive incorporating googles jit with oc kernels though :)

boostdscoob

Reaction score
ITS THE SAME SPEEDS!!!! did you read anything?
according to that sites speed tests its the same damn speed.
with JIT at 1ghz, i can click off 10-11mflops all day long, pass a stress test for 5 minutes,and get 140 benchmarks.
which means the JIT we have now(rooted users, since for some reason theres still stock users) is the same thing. so now they just have it built in. its been stable in my builds, and im sure some others, for quite some time(at least 2months for myself)

boostdscoob

Reaction score
so realistically the only thing the community is getting is flash support, and some minimal things, like apps2sd(biggest waste of an sdcard, IMO) and some cool backup and update features..
hmm.. i feel cheated..
i call bull**** on the 40mflops N1

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ITS THE SAME SPEEDS!!!! did you read anything?
according to that sites speed tests its the same damn speed.
with JIT at 1ghz, i can click off 10-11mflops all day long, pass a stress test for 5 minutes,and get 140 benchmarks.
which means the JIT we have now(rooted users, since for some reason theres still stock users) is the same thing. so now they just have it built in. its been stable in my builds, and im sure some others, for quite some time(at least 2months for myself)

so if jit now is so stable how come no one uses it in there roms but you? every other rom you have to turn it on yourself. even koush and cyangoen removed it from there roms? and why removed??? bc its not stable. guess you set jit up better than them. wow good job. <-- sarcasm btw

Status
Not open for further replies.