Android 2.2.1 Verizon/ Bluetooth problem

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
My wife's Droid Pro was working fine with the bluetooth function of the car. With this latest update, it is now not working. It pairs, then turns off. I tried my IPhone 4 and it paired and worked perfectly, so I know it's not the car system. I deleted all apps and it still doesn't work. Has anyone had bluetooth problems lately?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have seen a few people posting about problems with the bluetooth after the update but have not seen a fix for the problems. One guy was talking about the phone not pairing back up with the veh after going inside say his house of something. And another was talking about the audio not coming out of the speakers correctly. So looks like you are not alone but no idea on a fix.

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
No Fix but...

I took an older Bluetooth module out of my car and switched it with my wife's. It doesn't load the contact list, but it does stay connected and she can receive calls using the car system. She has to initiate a call with her Droid Pro.( And, the other module works perfectly in my car with my IPhone.)

DimeAndNickeled

Reaction score
My bluetooth headset will un-pair in the middle of the call and then re-pair again if the call goes long enough. The call itself is unaffected except when I notice the sound is coming from the speaker and not my earpiece.

This did not happen before the update.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

D_C

Reaction score
Fix to Android 2.2 Bluetooth

Here is what worked for my two Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S phones from VZW. I received the Froyo 2.2 update via the airways. Since then my bluetooh in both cars stopped working properly. Follow these steps to see if this helps you as well.

Settings
Voice Input & Output
Text-to-Speech Settings

Under the "Default Settings" click on "Install Voice Data"

This will take you directly to the Android market for a "voice data" download.
Once downloaded, and automatically installed, restart the phone.
Unpair your phone in your car, and re-pair.
Problem Fixed.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Samsung Tech support was no help.

Andy