Droid Razr M not compatible with Toyota 2013 bluetooth

jss

Reaction score
I own a Motorola Droid Razr M and have Verizon as my carrier. I recently purchased a 2013 Toyota Camry and after a tough struggle, paired my device with the car's Bluetooth. After a week it shut off and that is when my trouble began. For weeks, I fought with Toyota claiming that the car's Bluetooth system was broken and after several bouts got them to replace the entire radio system. After about a week it shut down once more. I tried pairing my phone with my other vehicle and it worked just fine. Also I paired my wife's iPhone with my car and it worked fine. I called Verizon, Motorola and Toyota only to be told TOO BAD your phone is not compatible, even though the Toyota Entune documentation said that it was. Basically I got ripped off by Toyota for misinformation. The bottom line is before you buy a phone or car and want Bluetooth, do some investigating. Not all Bluetooth devices are compatible.

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
I too bought 2013 candy and fought the Bluetooth problem. Toyota pointed to Verizon and Verizon pointed to Toyota. I finally got fed up with the whole process and went to Verizon and asked them to do a factory reset. After that process the two systems played together quite nicely. I reloaded programs one at a time checking to see if the Bluetooth still functioned. I have had the phone and the car playing nicely every since.

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
The "2013 candy" above is supposed to be "2013 Camry". Sorry!