Android 12 Beta

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Has anyone signed up for the Android 12 Beta yet? I'm reading something about issues with Unlocked Pixel Phones. I bought my 4XL from Verizon. I assume that it is a Locked phone?

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've downloaded and installed the Beta 12. Everything seems to be working just fine. So, no issues with the Unlocked issue that some have been experiencing. Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal. I usually wait for the second public beta and then I'll download it and start running that. I read that Assistant doesn't work on the first beta this time around

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed on my P5. All seems to be working well for a beta 1 but it's not my daily driver so haven't put it thru it's paces.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

bstsms

Reaction score
No problems on my daily P5.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I jumped on Beta 2 last night. Installed fine and then it was horrible. I thought I was going to factory reset and revert back to 11. GMail crashed, Calendar crashed, Amazon crashed, my bank app crashed, lots of apps I need every day kept crashing. There were very few apps that opened. I found an article that said to disable > then re-enable Android System Webview. Tried that, didn't work.

Then I found an old article about Gmail crashes. It's definitely related to Android System Webview. But the fix for me was: open Play store > Android Webview > Uninstall (doesn't really uninstall the app, just reverts back to the factory version) > restart phone > back to Play store > update Android Webview > Gmail and many other apps are working again. Fingers crossed this was the only major issue for me on Beta 2
Everything seems to be OK since then, working pretty good this morning.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's only open to Pixel phones right now

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Other than jittery transitions, my 4XL has been fine. I'm not thrilled with 12 just yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Other than jittery transitions, my 4XL has been fine. I'm not thrilled with 12 just yet.

Same here, transitions are pretty jittery in Beta 2. I'm sure Google will fix that soon. 12 is definitely different. I can imagine that a lot of people are not going to like Android 12.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It seems that getting to some of the controls and settings takes more steps, than less. So far, not as user friendly as it should be. Especially for the average user.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
New beta update is available. I installed it, haven't seen anything new yet, or noticed any fixes. I read somewhere else that this is a bug fix update. Scrolling through the app drawer is still jittery.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I downloaded it earlier today, as well. I agree that the jittery transitions are still occuring.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've had some major battery drain today, along with other users based on other forums I have seen. I reported it to Google beta feedback, hopefully they fix this before the next update

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm not either. None of the access to controls is easier. More steps involved. Not user friendly at all.