...and what I like LEAST about my Droid

hacku

Reaction score
I hate that dopey sound the camera makes when I take a picture. IT is not a DSLR, why does it try to sound like one?

Monty

DroidMod gets rid of the stock shutter sound, or you can get other camera apps in the market that has the option to disable it.

hacku

Reaction score
When I finish a call I always seem to drag a finger across something on the touchscreen which creates undesired results.

There's an app in the marketplace (can't remember the name right now) that you basically tell it where to go right after you finish a phone call. So instead of going to the call log screen after you finish the call, you can have it go directly to your desktop to avoid calling people you don't mean to call.

Maybe someone else can chime in with the name of the app.

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
I hate that dopey sound the camera makes when I take a picture. IT is not a DSLR, why does it try to sound like one?

Monty

DroidMod gets rid of the stock shutter sound, or you can get other camera apps in the market that has the option to disable it.

LOL I was just reading about DroidMod. I am rooted using SMupdater. I am a bit unsure how to (or if I should) apply DroidMod 1.0 Can I just install the following? Do I need to get back to stock b/4 applying the new ROM?

iPirate

Reaction score

Monty
Digital cameras have made similar sounds from day one. the sound is there so you know when the picture has been taken. turn it off and you are left wondering if the picture was taken or what is going on...

dro

Reaction score
When I finish a call I always seem to drag a finger across something on the touchscreen which creates undesired results.

There's an app in the marketplace (can't remember the name right now) that you basically tell it where to go right after you finish a phone call. So instead of going to the call log screen after you finish the call, you can have it go directly to your desktop to avoid calling people you don't mean to call.

Not Call Log

dwood

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how many times I've discovered my volume was turned all the down because of that. I guess I just need to learn where to put my fingers when I pick it up.

I had the same problem with accidentally turning down the ring volume, missing calls.

Then I discovered "ring toggle". It is an app available in the "market". Search for "ring toggle", install it. With it activated, if you change the "ring volume", a window pops up and asks if you want to accept the new setting. A count-down timer [user adjustable, mine is set for 5 seconds] returns the volume to its former preset if you don't "accept" the new one.

Problem solved.

DON

hacku

Reaction score

Not Call Log

That's the one. Thank you kind sir...

johnnieeve

Reaction score
I totally agree with Zakany. Email attachments and flash. These are must haves.

artc33

Reaction score
i suggest you try downloading Propaint camera for free at the android market. it's better thatn the one that came with the phone. on this one you can actually set it so there is no sound. with the default camera you cannot do this. hope this helps, check it out.

c_mack9

Reaction score
ive only had my droid a week and so far the only thing i dont like about it is the not saving attachments from the email client and not being able to mms or sent tones through text message. thats just stupid. why would i want to send a ringtone to an email address?

anewday

Reaction score
ive only had my droid a week and so far the only thing i dont like about it is the not saving attachments from the email client and not being able to mms or sent tones through text message. thats just stupid. why would i want to send a ringtone to an email address?

You should use the K-9 email client.

c_mack9

Reaction score

You should use the K-9 email client.
i can save em through the browser so its not a HUGE deal, just more steps. still dont help the lack of MMS.

KevinJ

Reaction score

Huh. none of my DLSR's make that sound at all. Now, my Point-n-Shoot does, sort of. :)

The thing I don't like is it doesn't do what I say. I told it to wash my car today, but it just sat there.

Smartphone my eye!

rharrisky

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how many times I've discovered my volume was turned all the down because of that. I guess I just need to learn where to put my fingers when I pick it up.

I had the same problem with accidentally turning down the ring volume, missing calls.

Then I discovered "ring toggle". It is an app available in the "market". Search for "ring toggle", install it. With it activated, if you change the "ring volume", a window pops up and asks if you want to accept the new setting. A count-down timer [user adjustable, mine is set for 5 seconds] returns the volume to its former preset if you don't "accept" the new one.

Problem solved.

DON

Oh, thank you, Don! I installed Ring Toggle and can't find a setting with a timer. Are there two apps and I got the wrong one maybe? It's the only one I saw, but what you described is exactly what I need.