an explanation. please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasupwithuman

Reaction score
So I post a completely legitimate thread, and I have some random guy come in and try to make it sound like I'm trying to scam people or something.

He typed information that was not true, and tryed to mod my thread (telling me It doesn't belong there, since his whole 3 posts make him God.)
Now that's insulting, to me.

So I call him out and put him in his place, and I am the one who gets my thread locked and a pm about me insulting members.

I thought a rule was not highjacking a thread by posting offtopic info.

So please explain this to me. I post a completely nice thread, and have a member tell potential people that might want to trade that my phone isn't worth it; and I get in trouble? Did you warn him?

Seriously, please explain this reasoning to me. Cause no one said anything to him.

JCo352

Reaction score
So I post a completely legitimate thread, and I have some random guy come in and try to make it sound like I'm trying to scam people or something.

He typed information that was not true, and tryed to mod my thread (telling me It doesn't belong there, since his whole 3 posts make him God.)
Now that's insulting, to me.

So I call him out and put him in his place, and I am the one who gets my thread locked and a pm about me insulting members.

I thought a rule was not highjacking a thread by posting offtopic info.

So please explain this to me. I post a completely nice thread, and have a member tell potential people that might want to trade that my phone isn't worth it; and I get in trouble? Did you warn him?

Seriously, please explain this reasoning to me. Cause no one said anything to him.

Where is this thread in question?

JCo352

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it. I don't know what you replied back to the guy, but you just can't let things get under your skin. Plus he doesn't have his facts straight. The moto droid retail without a contract is $600.

Edit: Oh and did you put it in the off-topic forum originally, or did it get moved there?

OP
W

wasupwithuman

Reaction score
And I'm not trying to be rude, I really just want to know about this judgement call.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I'm not trying to be rude, I really just want to know about this judgement call.

If you want to know exactly what happened, I'd PM Cereal Killer and ask him.... It seems only he and you know exactly what was said.

Last edited:
OP
W

wasupwithuman

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it. I don't know what you replied back to the guy, but you just can't let things get under your skin. Plus he doesn't have his facts straight. The moto droid retail without a contract is $600.

Edit: Oh and did you put it in the off-topic forum originally, or did it get moved there?

It got moved there, but I had it in the incredible general forum. And I would think that a trade involving the droid and a incredible would suit any general forum regarding the droid or the incredible.

And that's what made me so mad, everyone was telling me I was insulting him but no one mentioned him underminding me, and making it sound like my thread was a scam. Then I get the official pm, stating I have a point against me. Like i understood the mod who closed the thread, and didn't have a big problem. But a point against my account when I was provoked into it...

Droids

Reaction score
I read your reply and you went overboard in your remarks, some rather tasteless name calling. You should have just pointed out your justifications for the price points, and let it go.

OP
W

wasupwithuman

Reaction score
I understand I went a little overboard, but if I wouldn't have said anything; nothing would have been done. And by language I used the slang for a bundle of sticks, or a cigarette. And idiot is a person of subnormal intelligence. I could have used words way more degrading, but I didn't. So like I said a warning I could understand but putting a point against my account? And once a again I was the bad one, what he did was just mis information.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You dont seem to get it.... If I get angry and hit my wife because of something she said, I'm still at fault for hitting my wife.... It's the exact same situation on the forum. If you fight fire with fire, you're guilty. You have no idea what CK did the other member involved, so you cant assume you're the only one being punished.

Seriously, take it as a lesson learned, and move on. Call it "Professional Development"

OP
W

wasupwithuman

Reaction score
Just delete both threads, cause the thread still has his post with misinfo, but mine is gone. So people still read what he said.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I saw exactly what you said. And basically you violated forum rules by calling the poster who followed you by calling him names. Now you can sugar coat it all you want, and quite honestly I can sort of see why you got upset but you stepped out of line and you got a warning about it. Trying to plea your case here isn't going to benefit you. Its not a big deal, please don't make it into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.