An evil app took over my Droid

Silverwing

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to uninstall apps without using the phone. How can I remotely uninstall it so I can use my phone again?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Silverwing, want to tell us what exactly is going on with your phone?

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
The mini widget has set brightness to 0. Screen is responsive, but you cannot see anything.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This makes me think back to all of the people saying not to use task killers. Well hey, assuming this is a rogue app I highly doubt it would have added itself to the ignore list and if you have it set to auto kill on screen off then you'd be in decent shape.

I'm curious how an app could reduce the screen brightness to zero. System defaults shouldn't allow the brightness to go under the set minimum. Are you rooted? If so there's a good downside to the whole process huh? lol

All I can say is if you remember where your Settings icon is located you can look up a picture of the various settings menus to get to Manage Applications but then it's a guessing game finding said app.

The moral of the story here? NEVER randomly install apps. Some things to look for before downloading an app are: Good description or pictures of the application, number of downloads, and most importantly, user feedback/rating. If an app is garbage, people will say so. If an app is good, people will praise it and suggest ways to make it better; either way no app is perfect so people are going to say something about it.

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Your moral is wrong and hasty. I have the app for nearly a year. It was only the most recent update. The app has a 4.5 star review and I think over 250k downloads. There was only one other person with the same problem as me. With that said, it may not be the app since my screen is broke even post factory reset. Taking it in for a warranty replacement now, onto my third droid.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I upgraded to the latest Mini Widget today and have had no problems. Great widget. Sorry to hear about your issues OP.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a Factory Hard Reset:

[FONT=&quot]With your Motorola Droid powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.[/FONT]

wolf102

Reaction score
i had the same problem as silverwing.i used sp recovery and did a restore.no more problems.