An app to stream live radio?

jf2oo6

Reaction score
i live in fl now and would like to stream radio stations from ny. is there any app that can do this?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
iHeartRadio works prety well (especially for a free app) and has over 400+ local/regional/national radio station broadcasts

chart

Sleeve

Reaction score
Cherry Rplayer, too. Has no i in it and it isn't made by a large radio station corporation that excludes stations they don't own.

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
so i searched in the market and iheartradio has terrible comments soo i decided not to try that one. and the cherry one doesnt have the station i want. im not sure why cuz the one im looking for is out of new york city and its a pretty big station.

anyone got any others?

Technoman

Reaction score
Cherry Rplayer, too. Has no i in it and it isn't made by a large radio station corporation that excludes stations they don't own.

Cherry Player has more local stations than Iheart seems to have. Also has some of the HD stations.

Now if I could just get my Sports Talk station. Sure wish they would use something other than WMA format for streaming.

CTM

Reaction score
I use DroidLive which has a good selection of streams that I'm interested in all over the US.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If it is a ClearChannel station then I think you have to use iheartradio. What are the negative comments saying? I had it and it worked well, but didn't have the stations I wantrd so I switched to Cherry RPlayer. Many other people here have it and love it.

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
there are a bunch of one star comments in which many people are complaining of force closures. i may dl just to check if i can find my station.

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
well i tried iheartradio and it actually found a lot of stations from where im from. but still didnt find the one im looking for lol. ohh well i guess ill take wat i can get.

djstarion

Reaction score
iheart has been getting kinda slow when it comes to loading stations, plus there's the whole not saving favorites thing. Other than that it's a pretty solid app.

jahtv98

Reaction score
I had iHeart Radio on my blackberry. I didnt know it was available on the Droid. I will download it ASAP. I live in Boston but Im from Miami and love to listen to my Miami stations. iHeart Radio worked well on the berry. Let's see how well it does on my Droid

cb2000a

Reaction score
My experience with Iheartradio was not good. The music would drop constantly even with a good connection (wifi or 3G). Maybe they need a bigger buffer?

nerdkill

Reaction score
why does anyone want to listen to commercial radio anymore?