Windows media player for droid

yiannis

Reaction score
I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

Thanks

Last edited:

Daytona

Reaction score
this is a bit weird in my opinion...last thing i would ever want is anything made by microsoft on my phone. but i can understand your needs for other stations - i would just never ever install anything by MS.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
this is a bit weird in my opinion...last thing i would ever want is anything made by microsoft on my phone. but i can understand your needs for other stations - i would just never ever install anything by MS.

I understand why a programmer would feel that way. But since that's what all my radio stations use...

bitlock76

Reaction score
I understand why a programmer would feel that way. But since that's what all my radio stations use...

I know this is old, but my response may help others with the same concern. If you look at the bottom of the homepage of the station you noted (E-Radio Greece), you'll find links for mpeg streams as well as windows media streams.

Last edited:

Hypnotist

Reaction score
I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.

I'm pretty sure MediaMonkey can do that. I used it to sync my Droid with my PC. I didn't sync playlists, but am 99% sure that it can do that also.

mightybrick

Reaction score
I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

Thanks
DroidLive lite or full version allow the import of streaming playlists or urls. If you can get the url, you can add it into DroidLive and then you'd be set.

EDIT: I've used DroidLive to add streams from some of my favorite out-of-town stations that aren't pre-listed in their directory.

Last edited:

droid d'oh

Reaction score
hahahahahaha, k-lite anyone?

media_player_classic.png

mightybrick

Reaction score
You should be able to use any software you want to create a playlist on your pc, and then drag-and-drop the playlist onto your sd card and load it up that way, as long as the playlist uses relative file paths.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Take a look at "Double Twist." I had a similar issue with a mix of mp3's, WMP, and AAC formatted music. Double Twist took in the 2200 songs without a hiccup and allow me to connect the Droid as a device similar to the iTunes look and feel. Just select songs for a particular playlist and move the playlist to the Droid. Works like a charm.

Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist