An App That Uploads Vids (3gp) to Facebook?

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
I have been scouring this forum and the net in general only to find empty-ended posts of no one being able to upload videos successfully from the MotoDROID (or any other Android-based phone) to Facebook.

Many posts suggest apps, but most (if not all) of the apps suggested all have terrible ratings and people that complain that nothing gets uploaded.

Granted, the 'work-around' is to xfer the video to your PC then upload it, but what's the point when you have a Mobile SMART-phone that should be able to do it for you.

Is there no hope for mobile users that use the Android OS to upload videos?

J.P.

Reaction score
I use pixel pipe, and as long as you know how to use it, you should have no problem uploading a video, Ive uploaded about 30 videos from my phone using it.

OP
S

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
I've tried Pixel Pipe and the app keeps force-closing and won't upload anything, even after a 'reboot' of the phone. I'm glad it's free because I would be wanting a refund.

I've tried the email as well it does not work either. I received the email awhile back (from FB) saying that the subject of the email sent becomes the caption and the attached file will be your pic or video. When I attach a video and send to the appropriated email address, it says it sent the email, but I never see the video I uploaded (and no, it is not offensive or copyrighted or anything illegal - just a social video that I captured while I was at a birthday party).

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I've tried Pixel Pipe and the app keeps force-closing and won't upload anything, even after a 'reboot' of the phone. I'm glad it's free because I would be wanting a refund.

I've tried the email as well it does not work either. I received the email awhile back (from FB) saying that the subject of the email sent becomes the caption and the attached file will be your pic or video. When I attach a video and send to the appropriated email address, it says it sent the email, but I never see the video I uploaded (and no, it is not offensive or copyrighted or anything illegal - just a social video that I captured while I was at a birthday party).

Have you looked into QIK? you can share your videos with facebook with that app and people can watch it live as you tape it also :)

OP
S

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
I've been playing around with Qik and it is rather cumbersome to say the least, especially because it won't upload directly to FB. Every time I set up in my Qik profile the FB sharing, the option in Qik on the phone is consistently greyed out to upload to FB. Additionally, when I go in to the apps' settings, it says "In order to set up this network, please open your Qik account in web browser and edit your profile settings"....

I can upload a vid to Qik itself, then post the link on my FB wall, but unless people have a Qik account, they cannot view it....

@impmonkey - I will try that next since Qik is /fail on me....

OP
S

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Ok - bloo keeps FC'ing on my each time a select a video to upload. The video falls w/in FB's rules of length and size ....

The error keeps popping up - "The application Bloo (process dc.bloo_free) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm beginning to think there's no hope....

sims5

Reaction score
dylanthecat, can you explain more about emailing a video to facebook? "who" do you email it to?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You have to go online to your facebook account and go into settings/ mobile/ facebook mobile or something like that. It will give you a email address to send status updates, photos and videos to.

silvernoodle

Reaction score
i have been dealing with this same issue. the only thing i can think is that fb somehow does NOT want everyone with a smart phone to load vids to their site. bummer, i was looking forward to it.

I have tried qik. cool in theory, and works for twitter and other sites. i am beginning to think the best way is to upload to youtube then share from there. oh well.