Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Living here in Asia, I can tell you Asians know all about Amazon.. Now getting them to switch from YT will be a huge challenge for Amazon...

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree, it will definitely be a challenge. Guess we'll have to check back in on this story in about 5-6 years.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, it will definitely be a challenge. Guess we'll have to check back in on this story in about 5-6 years.

S5 tap'n
Look at the Kindle Fire, Amazon Videos , and Fire Phone for a hint at what it'll be. They'll have a market but it won't hurt YT in the slightest I'd bet. To me it's like Jet going up against Amazon for buying physical goods. Jet will survive I think but it'll never put a hurting on Amazon, only hurting even more brick and mortar sellers in the end. I used to hear costumers talk about coming to our store and hands on a product before buying on Amazon whereas they also mention Jet now.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Amazon is pretty much worldwide. Not sure why you would think Asia, Latin America & Africa don't know about them. How many countries does Amazon operate inside of, and what is the revenue ranked per country? - Quora
Obviously YouTube will have had a head start in the video streaming arena because that's all they've done since its inception. Amazon continues to grow each year and if anyone can compete with YouTube it would be Amazon.

S5 tap'n
From your link

"Currently, Amazon sells in 10 countries:
1. U.S.
2. Canada
3. UK
4. Germany
5. France
6. Italy
7. Spain
8. Japan
9. China
10 India"

As I was saying. You can buy from private merchants on Amazon and hope they will ship to your 3rd world country but for amazon itself they only deal with major world players.

I'm speaking from experience dealing with ebay/amazon in eastern Europe. Sure they know what amazon is but nobody uses it because no service in their country.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If you continue reading it says that customers from 185 countries bought from its various marketplaces and that merchants from 100 countries sold goods from Amazon. Not trying to argue semantics, but it doesn't get much more "worldwide" than that.
Also, this thread is about "streaming media", so shipping/receiving physical goods doesn't really apply since pretty much anyone with an internet connection would be able to access said streaming media, just as they can with YouTube.

S5 tap'n