Amazon Takes Direct Aim at iPad Mini With Kindle Fire HD Ad on Amazon's Homepage

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kindle-fire-hd-vs-ipad-mini.png

It seems that Amazon is not taking the new iPad Mini announcement lying down. They fired a direct shot at Apple with their newest ad campaign, and they did it on the front homepage of Amazon. As you can see in the pic above, Amazon makes a very valid point for choosing their tablet over the much pricier and less impressive iPad Mini. In fact, consumers must agree, because we have heard several reports that Amazon actually sold more Kindle Fire HD's directly after the iPad Mini announcement. It would seem that Apple's pricing structure drove customers to the competitor. What do you guys think?

Source: Kindle-FireForum via Amazon

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Hard to say I'd make the same choice if those were my choices. The Fire HD is pretty minimalistic. Sure, I could root/ROM it and make it a true Android tablet, but the way the Fire HD works, its very "Heres what we gave you, its all you can do". I think there is a clear separation at the target audience with the Fire HD and all other tablets.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see that advert include some other tablets, like the Nexus 7. The Fire HD is a much better tablet than the ipad mini but it isn't that great compared to other Android tablets.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to say I'd make the same choice if those were my choices. The Fire HD is pretty minimalistic. Sure, I could root/ROM it and make it a true Android tablet, but the way the Fire HD works, its very "Heres what we gave you, its all you can do". I think there is a clear separation at the target audience with the Fire HD and all other tablets.

Most non tech junkies would not do the things we do. Ask an isheep what they do with their iPad. Most don't do anymore than what a Fire can do from the box. It's like so many with iPhones that do little more than calls and texts and maybe surf the web for Facebook and Twitter.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
I am getting the KF HD because of the price. It does what I need it to do, has a great display, and links up to my amazon account which already has 50+ books attached to it. The nexus 7 is nice as I am sure the nexus 10 will be but they are just not what I want. Price is the main factor for me. If it werent Id be all over a Note Tab.

B