Amazon Debuts Two New Echo Devices: Amazon Tap and the Echo Dot

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is the speaker quality? Is it loud and and have good base?
The sound quality is surprisingly good, and has solid base (for a small stand alone device). The volume can be adjusted to surprisingly loud levels too. There are obviously speaker options that will sound superior, but will be much more expensive, and not include all of the other capabilities.

If there is nothing impeding my voice (wall), about how far away can I be for it to recognize my voice?
The Echo has very good range. I would say it can recognize you from a good 15-20 feet at least. It is also remarkably good at understanding basic commands.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm kind of tempted to check out the dot for the price, but don't really have a convenient audio setup that I could add it to, so I'd have to rely on the built-in speaker, which I'm assuming isn't very good.
Currently, the Dot is only being offered to Prime members that have already the OG Echo. CNET Update - Good luck buying the Echo Dot, Amaz…: This will likely change in the future, but I just wanted to throw that out there to others interested in this device.

Edit: my bad....stormy already mentioned this in the OP.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Currently, the Dot is only being offered to Prime members that have already the OG Echo. CNET Update - Good luck buying the Echo Dot, Amaz…: This will likely change in the future, but I just wanted to throw that out there to others interested in this device.

Edit: my bad....stormy already mentioned this in the OP.
Yeah, I saw that part in the OP. Still, it's the cheapest and smallest, so it's the one I would start with if I decided to give this tech a try.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nah...spend the extra for the BT Speaker.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk